Victoria, BC

jamesnnb

Does anyone know the hours of the shops/stores/cafes on a Sunday? Our ship is scheduled to be in port on a Sunday from 8am - 10pm.

Are you going to the Butchart Gardens? You certainly have more than enough time. 14 hours is a long time in port with no plans, I mean other than to walk around downtown shops and cafes. As cdngrl said, you have the whole day and that is fabulous! The Royal British Columbia Museum is wonderful. There are many other threads here about things to do in Victoria. :)

We know we are very fortunate to be in Victoria for such a long time and yes we do have other plans -- but wanted to include a bit of shopping and perhaps a beer at a pub and slow down and enjoy the passing crowd :) We have been there before and have also missed Victoria due to high winds. Thanks, everyone. We do look forward to it all.

The cruise port shuttle (that runs to the Empress Hotel -- and another stop, I believe): Do they take USD cash onboard the bus? And, is there a senior discount? I think the last time we rode, we had Canadian dollars from being in Vancouver and it was something like $10 Canadian. Anyone know the going rate now?

Instead of using the shuttle buses, you can get a Victoria transit day pass for $5 CAD. I don't think the bus will accept US. No discount for seniors.

Since you are in port for a full day, it may be nice to walk to the Inner Harbour by turning left. Keep an eye out for Fishermans wharf with all the charming house boats, shops, Barb's fish and chip etc. If you are lucky, you may see Sammy the seal and friends.

In front of the Parliament (Belleville Street), Royal BC museum (Douglas Street) the #75 bus will take you to Butchart Gardens.

Tourist shops and pubs are on Government Street. If you keep going here, you will see Bastian Square (the historic Fort Victoria) and Chinatown (Fisgar Street). Another option is to go on Store Street along the waterfront.

#19, 30, 31 and 33 bus has stop (Dallas Road) in front of Ogden Point (Port Victoria) if mobility is limited. Ask the driver to let you off behind the Fairmont Empress Hotel.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Is there a sports bar handy to the port that will be showing American football on a Sunday? Thanks!

There has to be 6 to 8 pubs in the downtown area and most will have NFL playing. I would likely head to the Strathcona Hotel which operates several watering holes in their premises including the Games Room.

http://www.strathconahotel.com/