Flying into FLL, sailing from Miami - reasonably priced hotel/food??

catradho

My husband and I (mid 50s) are flying into FLL mid afternoon on Black Friday (we live in Canada so realized this after booking). We'd like to stay in FLL overnight and find a shuttle to POM the next day. Any suggestions for a reasonable, medium priced hotel, near some restaurants where a shuttle (please tell us which one) would pick up at. Anything would be helpful - we've never been to FLL. Thank you.

Lots of hotels in all price ranges in the downtown/17th street area of Fort Lauderdale with many dining options in the area -- http://www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and lodging info.

Lots of shared shuttle options with typical fares for the 40+ minute trip starting at about $15 per person each way - check with SAS (http://www.ridesas.com), QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others. All pick-up at different hotels in the FLL area - their web sites should help you narrow down the hotel/shuttle combo that works best for you.

My husband and I (mid 50s) are flying into FLL mid afternoon on Black Friday (we live in Canada so realized this after booking). We'd like to stay in FLL overnight and find a shuttle to POM the next day. Any suggestions for a reasonable, medium priced hotel, near some restaurants where a shuttle (please tell us which one) would pick up at. Anything would be helpful - we've never been to FLL. Thank you.

Aaah! What is YOUR idea of reasonable? Medium priced in Fort Lauderdale is not the same as medium priced elsewhere.

My family flew into FLL and sailed from Miami as well. We did not rent a car so desired a hotel that had an airport shuttle along with shopping and a restaurant within walking distance. After some research, we booked The Sleep Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale. We were very pleased with our choice and would not hesitate to book there again. There is a Walgreens adjacent to the hotel as well as a shopping plaza across the street that has a few restaurants.

The next morning, we booked QLS shuttle service to take us to the port of Miami. They also picked us up after the cruise and took us back to FLL airport. QLS was very professional, easy to work with and gave us a courtesy call 20 min prior to the driver arriving. That was a nice touch as they let us know exactly where to wait after debark.