A few questions about money

sniflet

Making plans but haven't got anything set in stone yet. Like everybody else in this country, we're on a very tight budget, but do make allowances for fun. 2 vacations in the past 7 years- I don't think that's being overly extravagant.

I've been from one end of the internet to the other trying to find the best price/deal. So far, Cruises Only has beaten all of them. I even called Carnival directly.

I'm a little irritated that Carnival would do this:

Category 4A "Get a free upgrade to 4C" $779

Category 4C $749

Am I missing something here? Why would you not just pay for 4C?

Who have you found to beat all others? Before you recommend Cruise Compete, the one we want to go on isn't listed so I didn't bother.

One more question: When you get on the ship and there are dozens of servers walking around offering drinks "Special? Special?", are those free?

I pick where I want to go, and then find the best price with Carnival by buying early saver, on the priced cabin I can afford. I dont make much, but i take a vacay every year, because i need to readjust my attitude, and learn gratitude for what I do have. the more you shop around, the more stressed you get, go for what you want the first time, dont wait for an ugrade in life. Cruise happy.

We're not allowed to discuss specific TAs on here. Personally, I book directly with Carnival with the early saver rate so that I can take advantage of price drops after final payment. We've received 300 dollars in obc so far and I've been able get them right away without having to go through a TA.

As far as drinks, you will pay for all alcohol and pop. The only exception would be drinks at the past guest party or the champagne cocktail given to all guests on elegant nights for ships that have the new menus. There may also be free champagne at the art auction or liquor tastings in the shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making plans but haven't got anything set in stone yet. Like everybody else in this country, we're on a very tight budget, but do make allowances for fun. 2 vacations in the past 7 years- I don't think that's being overly extravagant.

I've been from one end of the internet to the other trying to find the best price/deal. So far, Cruises Only has beaten all of them. I even called Carnival directly.

Category 4C $749

Who have you found to beat all others? Before you recommend Cruise Compete, the one we want to go on isn't listed so I didn't bother.

One more question: When you get on the ship and there are dozens of servers walking around offering drinks "Special? Special?", are those free?

TA's are guilty of doing this pricing as well, it's not exclusive to Carnival. You do realize that Cruises Only will charge a $24.99 fee for booking with them, right?

And, the only free drinks you will find on Carnival are the ones you get for yourself at the buffet or water or tea at dinner.

We decide on the cruise and then price it on the Carnival web site. I don't spend time looking for a lower price.

We let our niece have the booking as she is a TA but we don't get a discount from her. We are just throwing her some business.

As others have mentioned alcohol will never be free!!

Edited by riffatsea

Category 4C $749

What ship and week are you looking at where you are getting that pricing?

Bill