Venetian Ball on Nieuw Amsterdam

herbsnspices

Was on a 24 night cruise recently and half of the pre-announced activities listed in our Explorer guide for the first 12 days never took place. They were: Venetian Masquerade Ball, Bifteki Sail Away, Sirtaki's Favorites, Flavors of Greece and A Taste of Italy. The other 5 events listed did occur.

On the other hand, the final 12 days were full of culinary special events, about every other day, sometimes more!

(Note: we never ate dinner in the MDR, so it's possible some of these were held in conjunction with dinner time. I doubt it, however, because on past cruises & during the second half, they were announced in the Daily Programs).

This was the first cruise where there was no Chocolate Extravaganza event. The staff said they no longer do them every sailing.

Having said all of that, it was a fantastic cruise & I'm looking forward to next year!

Was on a 24 night cruise recently and half of the pre-announced activities listed in our Explorer guide for the first 12 days never took place. They were: Venetian Masquerade Ball, Bifteki Sail Away, Sirtaki's Favorites, Flavors of Greece and A Taste of Italy. The other 5 events listed did occur.

On the other hand, the final 12 days were full of culinary special events, about every other day, sometimes more!

(Note: we never ate dinner in the MDR, so it's possible some of these were held in conjunction with dinner time. I doubt it, however, because on past cruises & during the second half, they were announced in the Daily Programs).

This was the first cruise where there was no Chocolate Extravaganza event. The staff said they no longer do them every sailing.

Having said all of that, it was a fantastic cruise & I'm looking forward to next year!

Thank you for your quick response. Glad you had an enjoyable cruise. We have sailed on Celebrity ships previously and hope our HAL experience will be as good.

Back a bit we sailed on the NA out of Venice (great sail a way by the way).

there wasn't a Venetian ball per se, but there was a small dance with Venetian masks that you had bought and wherever the spotlight landed was the winner if I recall correctly.

Back a bit we sailed on the NA out of Venice (great sail a way by the way).

there wasn't a Venetian ball per se, but there was a small dance with Venetian masks that you had bought and wherever the spotlight landed was the winner if I recall correctly.

Kazu,

Last year at this time we did 24 day Barcelona-Venice and on the first 1/2 of cruise when we spent a nite in Venice they had some kind of dancing and people were in masks that they purchased that day. There was no true Venetian Ball that nite.

3 STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015