Quality sleep on your cruise...

mjgep0316

I know exactly what you mean! The loop and you WAIT for the next part to start! Argh!

I use Relax Melodies - Oscillating Fan! It has no loop and is pretty darn loud if you want it to be!

We just got back yesterday off the allure and we our 2 kids. I used the app for my iphone relax melodies. It's free. Has a ton of noises and never stopped. Was continuous all night long. It was really loud. I just kept it plugged in all night. Worked like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you...I'll go look it up, now. :)

I sleep awesome on a cruise! I almost feel drugged when it's morning because I don't want to wake up because I'm so comfortable.

I was so excited for some good sleep last month when we went on our cruise to Alaska on Princess. Totally different story. The bed hurt, it had springs poking out of it and they attempted to correct that with an egg carton thingy that really didn't do much.

Then the cabin steward made the bed one day and accidently bumped one of my earrings on the nightstand and wrapped it into the bedding. I had no idea it was there and when I went to sleep that night it was poking straight up (the sharp point) and scraped up my elbow drawing blood! My husband figured it was a button sticking out of the mattress but the egg carton would have covered any buttons. I had to turn on all the lights and wake up everyone (my kids sleeping in the beds above me) to figure out what scraped the hell out of my arm!

It hurt but all we could do was laugh. I never did mention it to the steward because I never saw him again after that (he was stealth cleaning our room).

I sleep better at sea than anywhere else ever!!! But if you have problems sleeping and have an iPhone try Sleep Machine Lite. It has white noise, ocean waves (lol, you probably won't need this one at sea!), rain, etc. Sometimes I use it at work to drown out noisy coworkers and calm me. I think as the lite version it was free too!

Besides a few cocktails and any other vices, what tricks do you use to help get quality sleep on a caribbean cruise?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I try to do a 20-30 minute hot tub soak 45 minutes before going to bed. However, Royal seems determined to keep me from doing this. Looking forward to trying on Freedom again after being shut out on Jewel and Majesty.

I usually have trouble sleeping when on vacation, cruise or not. On our last cruise I bought a 5" battery operated fan at Home Depot and sleep great. I don't know if it was the sound or just a little air circulating. It will be part of my cruise baggage from now on!

Besides a few cocktails and any other vices, what tricks do you use to help get quality sleep on a caribbean cruise?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I recently returned from a quick 4 day solo cruise because I don't sleep good at home!! As others have stated; sun, ocean, cocktails, and the swaying of the ship help me sleep like a baby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually sleep better on ship than I typically do at home. One main reason is I am completely disengaged from all the distractions onshore: Work, TV Shows, Cell Phones, Internet, etc.

I also ask for extra pillows and of course I alway's travel with a fan for noise. On ship it actually helps to circulate the air since we keep the house cooler than we can achieve on ship.

The big thing is feeling the gentle movement of the ship - ever so subtle yet just enough to "rock you to sleep" - ahh to be on a ship now...