Are most promotions for new bookings only?

Baseball fan

I am looking at a cruise in 2015. There is a current promotion but I am hoping something better comes up. The prices are really good for cruising solo so I want to book soon.

My question is, are most promotions offered by NCL for new bookings only? Meaning they won't allow you to cancel and rebook (even before final payment). Other lines I've been on have their promos for new bookings only.

I realize If I rebook I would be at a new fare (likely).

Thanks

Dena

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am looking at a cruise in 2015. There is a current promotion but I am hoping something better comes up. The prices are really good for cruising solo so I want to book soon.

My question is, are most promotions offered by NCL for new bookings only? Meaning they won't allow you to cancel and rebook (even before final payment). Other lines I've been on have their promos for new bookings only.

Thanks

Dena

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can cancel and rebook providing your not in the cancellation time frame. You will lose any OBC you already have and you need to see if the price has gone up over what you paid. You will also lose the Latitudes bonus points for booking 9 months out.

This all assuming you originally booked through NCL and not a TA.

I would say that, generally, yes... promotions are for new bookings only. However, you are free to cancel and rebook at any time before final payment as long as you know the consequences of doing so. It is up to you to determine if it's in your best interest to do so -- i.e. old vs new OBC offer, Latitudes points may not be the same, etc. But if the new fare is good enough, it may be in your interest to cancel and rebook. NCL has no rules prohibiting you from doing so.

You can cancel and rebook providing your not in the cancellation time frame. You will lose any OBC you already have and you need to see if the price has gone up over what you paid. You will also lose the Latitudes bonus points for booking 9 months out.

This all assuming you originally booked through NCL and not a TA.

You will also lose the Latitudes bonus points for booking 9 months out.

You should NOT lose the Latitudes bonus points if the rebooking is still over 9 months out.

Re: Loss of OBC - yes but a good TA or NCL rep should be able to hang on to that with a new booking especially to higher class of stateroom.

The better the Latitudes status (i.e. Platinum) the better the bargaining position to be for rebooking and keeping benneys and points !

Suggestion - try not to change horses (cruise travel plans) in mid stream (9 months or sooner) and blow away some of the benefits for the advanced booking !