8 Hours in Halifax with a car and a good map

What should we do?

We've been there before (3 days, a few years ago), been to Peggy's Cove, driven the Lighthouse Route, toured the Citadel, etc.

Pretty sure we'll hit Peggy's Cove again, and drive along the coast near there, but what we REALLY want to do is to find a great casual spot for a nice lobster lunch, preferably on the water.

We did our own "7 days of lobster" tour last time we were in Nova Scotia, and were never disappointed. Unfortunately we'll be too far from Hall's Harbour, or a little place we loved in Cape Breton, but we're really looking forward to finding a new place to have a great lobster roll or sandwich, as well as finding any hidden jewels of a lighthouse or spectacular harbour or fishing village views.

Thanks!

I am sort of in your same boat. I hired a private guide and plan on having him for 5-7 hours and am trying to make the best use of our time. I want do a little more then Peggy's Cove and sights in Halifax but it doesn't look like I will have time to make it to Peggy's Cove and Mahone Bay and Lunenburg. This will be my research over Labor Day weekend.

Nitemare,

Tis is a cute little cafe on the way to or back from Peggy's cove. It is not much to look at from the outside , just a little old house with a front verrandah, but we stopped in and the food is fabulous. They have a seafood chowder to die for and the lobster rolls are on fresh bread homeade on the premisses. It is so quaint and soooo good. I don't think you will be disappointed

Here is the address and you can also google ot on the net.

Golda's Cafe and Tea Room 818 Prospect Road, Goodwood Telephone: (902) 876-2200

Thanks

Kim

Archived