Mayan Mystique On Oceania Insignia

JAMOZ

Hi,

We are doing the above cruise on the 1st Nov this year and would like advise about tours available. We are in our mid 50's to late 60's moderately fit and enjoy architecture, history and local culture.

There is a choice of three ruins Chacchoben, Kohunlich & Dzibanche.

Not into water activities unless it is lounging by the pool or on a boat tour.

Also any ideas regarding weather. I have done my research and it seems to be looking good barring hurricanes.

Regards

Jamoz

We did that itinerary in Feb. 2012 and really enjoyed it. If I remember correctly, I went to Chacchoben and Kohunlich. I liked the one with the masks better, just because they were huge and dramatic, but both tours (offered by Oceania) were good. In Santo Tomas we did a "Happy Fish" tour that was similar to what the ship offered except there was a very rough ride across the bay instead of a bus trip. The lunch was only so so - the town you go to is pretty rough. You could sign up for Happy Fish in advance of the cruise or at the dock when you got off the ship (assuming you got off early).

I agree that going to the Roll Call section is a good idea.

My pictures are here: http://www.pbase.com/roothy123/mayan_mystique_cruise__late_feb_2012 if you want to take a look, to give you an idea of what we saw and did, including the ruins.

Edited by roothy123