Balcony vs spa balcony on Magic

newkscruiser

The rooms have a different decor, but the setup is the same. Like the previous poster said, the spa deck balconies will have no covering, which some people like and others don't. People can look down on the edge of the balcony from above, although they usually don't. If this doesn't sound good to you, go for a Cloud 9 Spa balcony room on deck 11. Those will have the coverings. There are Cloud 9 Spa rooms on both decks.

The Cloud 9 Spa itself is very nice. Being in a Cloud 9 Spa room, the 1st 2 adults get access to the thermal suite (which is 4 rooms that are like fancy saunas of various scents & temperatures) & the therapy pool (fancy hot tub). That alone made it worth it for us to spend $50pp extra to go with a spa interior vs our usual cheap room. I included pics of the Spa in my Magic review. The link is in my signature. The other extras didn't matter to us: 2 free classes (limited choices), gigantic slippers, different color beach towels, super tiny toiletry items that have 2 or 3 drops of whatever in them.

In my opinion, $30pp extra is well worth it, as long as you will get access to the Cloud 9 Spa thermal suite & therapy pool.

Edited by k2excursion

The rooms have a different decor, but the setup is the same. Like the previous poster said, the spa deck balconies will have no covering, which some people like and others don't. People can look down on the edge of the balcony from above, although they usually don't. If this doesn't sound good to you, go for a Cloud 9 Spa balcony room on deck 11. Those will have the coverings. There are Cloud 9 Spa rooms on both decks.

The Cloud 9 Spa itself is very nice. Being in a Cloud 9 Spa room, the 1st 2 adults get access to the thermal suite (which is 4 rooms that are like fancy saunas of various scents & temperatures) & the therapy pool (fancy hot tub). That alone made it worth it for us to spend $50pp extra to go with a spa interior vs our usual cheap room. I included pics of the Spa in my Magic review. The link is in my signature. The other extras didn't matter to us: 2 free classes (limited choices), gigantic slippers, different color beach towels, super tiny toiletry items that have 2 or 3 drops of whatever in them.

In my opinion, $30pp extra is well worth it, as long as you will get access to the Cloud 9 Spa thermal suite & therapy pool.

Spa cabins on the 11th fl are covered , 12 th fl is not covered

I'll share some pics of our spa cabin on the Valor. I liken the experience to being on the pool deck of the ship. If you like being on the pool decks then you'll like the open spa balcony. We're from the Midwest so in March the heat of the sun will be much appreciated by us. We never had issues with people looking over the railing at our balcony. Yes occasionally people were above us but we rarely even noticed them. Usually it was when we were leaving a port but on a 7 day cruise it happened maybe 3 times. Also, they could really only see you if you were standing or sitting directly by the railing. If you were tucked under by your room window they might be able to see your feet. There were many mornings that I had breakfast on the balcony in just my satin pj's and was totally comfortable. Basically, if you like being shaded and boxed in, get the covered balcony. If you like to look straight up at the sky and have an open view, get the uncovered balcony.

My understanding is that it's harder for people to see onto the open spa balcony for the Breeze and Magic. Hopefully someone can confirm.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Edited by Aviendah
Added pj's comment.

Currently we have an 8c balcony on the Magic. We were offered a spa balcony upgrade for $30 pp.Has anyone tried the spa balconys? What's the difference? Did you like the spa deck?

That's $30 pp, and that's it? Not $30 per person per day? For that price, I'd absolutely do it. I'm not even a spa kind of guy, but I would be for that offer.

I'll share some pics of our spa cabin on the Valor. I liken the experience to being on the pool deck of the ship. If you like being on the pool decks then you'll like the open spa balcony. We're from the Midwest so in March the heat of the sun will be much appreciated by us. We never had issues with people looking over the railing at our balcony. Yes occasionally people were above us but we rarely even noticed them. Usually it was when we were leaving a port but on a 7 day cruise it happened maybe 3 times. Also, they could really only see you if you were standing or sitting directly by the railing. If you were tucked under by your room window they might be able to see your feet. There were many mornings that I had breakfast on the balcony in just my satin pj's and was totally comfortable. Basically, if you like being shaded and boxed in, get the covered balcony. If you like to look straight up at the sky and have an open view, get the uncovered balcony.

My understanding is that it's harder for people to see onto the open spa balcony for the Breeze and Magic. Hopefully someone can confirm.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Thank you for sharing. Not sure how I feel about the lack of cover for the balcony

We had a spa balcony on deck 11 and loved it. I liked being able to sit on the balcony without having the sun beat down on us totally and being able to look out at the ocean. For the price, I'd definitely do the spa balcony if it were on deck 11, but I wouldn't do deck 12.

I wouldn't stay on any balcony below deck 8 as the lanai deck gets in the way of looking straight out to the ocean and if one stands on the balcony to look down, all you see is the lanai. People on that deck can see onto the balconies of deck 6 and deck 7.

• 3 years later...

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

There a glass window above the railing on the magic, so unless you're 15 feet tall, you aren't going to be able to lean over and look into the lower 12th deck balcony!:D

Done Spa balconies on the Valor and a 12th floor Spa Balcony on the Magic. I like them, and didn't notice any voyeurs from above on the Magic--this is the Serenity area. Booked another one on the Magic for Feb (same room actually) and I'm looking forward to it. Love Spa staterooms on the Magic because of the access to the thermal suites, which comes with the room.