Off Menu MDR Requests

redspain

Applesauce.....my grandson loves it so we asked the first night and after that every night when we arrived at our table there was a bowl of applesauce already there.

Seriously just ask............they can make almost anything for you.

I've asked for cut fruit or a bowl of berries for dessert and have received them with no issue. Never asked for any other items .

Table mates (on a Celebrity cruise) asked for some Mac and Cheese from the kids menu. It was such a hit the waiter just brought some on the next night.

enjoy

M

If you just want a plain salad, ask. On last two cruises we got iceburg lettuce with carrot shavings every night. The Mytime headwaiter (Sebastiano) put in an order for this for the entire B2B on Navigator.

Also, since they added the sliders they have steak fries available all the time. These stay screaming hot much longer than standard fries.

If you just want a plain salad, ask. On last two cruises we got iceburg lettuce with carrot shavings every night. The Mytime headwaiter (Sebastiano) put in an order for this for the entire B2B on Navigator.

Also, since they added the sliders they have steak fries available all the time. These stay screaming hot much longer than standard fries.

I asked for a plain salad, i got the end of the lettuce head and two tomatoes.. Be specific

I normally ask for a plain iceberg lettuce salad with onions/peppers/mush, etc in it. Then I ask for a plate of steamed veggies for dinner most of the time. Never have any issues at all

On Vision, I asked for something spicy and he brought me this amazing veggie curry dip. It was so good I plan to ask for it again when we are on Vision Sept 20th.

Thanks for the tip on the fries! I generally don't care much for most of the sides, but can always eat fries ;).

Not in MDR, but one time on Oasis I asked for Peanut Butter at Johny Rockets (for pancakes), the waitress left for a long time, I figured she had forgotten about us. She finally comes back with a little bowl of PB, she'd had to go down to deck 3 galley to get it. Very impressed.

Curry!:)

Hi All,

I LOVE a Ruby Murray.

On the Indy last year there was a ruby on the menu and I asked if it was made for "delicate" palates to which the waiter replied "yes" but then brought me the most delicious ruby ever that would have brought a tear to a glass eye.

The only problem was that he wanted to bring me one every night, I would have been OK with that but I have to sleep with my trouble :)

Pete

Hi All,

I LOVE a Ruby Murray.

On the Indy last year there was a ruby on the menu and I asked if it was made for "delicate" palates to which the waiter replied "yes" but then brought me the most delicious ruby ever that would have brought a tear to a glass eye.

The only problem was that he wanted to bring me one every night, I would have been OK with that but I have to sleep with my trouble :)

Pete

Every night works for me, can't beat a nice spicy Ruby!!

Vindaloo, Tindaloo, Phall more the merrier:)

And sleep like a baby at night,...

Edited by PompeySailor

my DH asked for smoked salmon on a bagel for dinner in the MDR. they had to wake up the morning chef to get into that area. He received 2 and they asked every night if he wanted it again. :)

Not sure why they had to wake up the chef - as I've seem smoked salmon as part of the appetizers for dinner. Maybe he had to wake up the chef to toast the bagel. :)

M

I don't care for them, but my stepmother enjoys. An appetizer on the first night in MDR. Not on menu the next night, so I asked for her (she feels that a request is making a fuss). Pretty soon, she received one, as did my Dad. Also, she likes hot milk with her coffee. Ask the first night, and after that they always bring it for her.

Guest maddycat
Hi All,

I LOVE a Ruby Murray.

Pete

What is a Ruby Murray?