Aqua class worth it?

bbabessp

If you've always had inside cabins I think having a balcony will be a big difference that makes your honeymoon special.

Instead of a wall you will be able to pull back the the curtain and see a beautiful view of the water. Just being in the room waiting for your SO to finish their shower will be a relaxing experience. Instead if just sitting in your dark cube of a cabin you can step outside and enjoy the breeze and sound of the water washing against the ship. The balcony is of a pretty decent size and with Aqua Class (AQ) you even get foot stools.

With an inside cabin unless you were on deck early you may have missed the view of the ship pulling into port. Well with a balcony you will now gain that view either while in your room or standing out on your balcony. Also if another person is an early riser they can go out on the balcony to read or just enjoy.

Another item is having breakfast in your room. Not so appealing with an inside cabin, but with a balcony you can have breakfast with a beautiful view. And with AQ you can add smoothies to that breakfast, if you wish, at no additional charge. They are not huge in size, but a very nice perk. You can also just have the smoothie or coffee delivered and have just that on the balcony before leaving for breakfast. Put on that big, fluffy robe and get out and enjoy that balcony!

For Blu you should ask yourself if you are just a steak and potatoes person or if you like a little more adventure with your meal. Would something like Tandoori Quail or Osso Bucco sound good to you? You can get a steak in Blu, but some find the presentation to fancy for their tastes. Also it's quieter and more intimate for 2 people in Blu, however if you wish you can talk to anyone at a table near you. Don't forget breakfast and the Musile. Delicious! And lastly the huge picture window will help to remind you that you are on a wonderful cruise. You can't get that view in the MDR. In some ways Blu is like a specialty restaurant. That's not saying you wouldn't want to try the others, just that it's a nice experience you will get to have every day.

A quick note. Love the shower head in AQ. Love the multiple jets that spray you and the removable head.

Finally the Perisian Gardens. A relaxing steam room, straight and scented, a rain shower, and a heated tile lounger. As long as a chatter box doesn't show up it a very relaxing experience. And any time you want to go you just go.

I hope this wasn't too long, but I wanted to paint a clear picture for you. It's not just a balcony or save money question. It becomes and experience question. I think being in AQ would be a great experience for a honeymoon.

Whatever you choose congradulations and have a great cruise!

Edited by Chitown12562

I'd like to add that since I see you are a past NCL cruiser, then you are familiar with a dining anytime arrangement. In Blu, you have that same any timing as you do with NCL. If this appeals to you it may be a consideration.

In an inside cabin you will be assigned to a particular dining time either 6ish or 8:30ish and in in The Main Dining Room.

If you decide the inside, you can select an anytime dining opion for a section in the main dining room if the open timing is what you like rather than assigned time, but breakfast in Blu is a really nice event. I would go as far as to say that Breakfast in Blu is the not that differnt from Breakfast in The Haven Dining Room on NCL. I'd also go as far as to say the Blu private dining room is very similar to the idea of The Haven Dining Room on Getaway.

All without the nice bennies of dining without the cost of a Suite.

I'd like to add that since I see you are a past NCL cruiser, then you are familiar with a dining anytime arrangement. In Blu, you have that same any timing as you do with NCL. If this appeals to you it may be a consideration.

In an inside cabin you will be assigned to a particular dining time either 6ish or 8:30ish and in in The Main Dining Room.

If you decide the inside, you can select an anytime dining opion for a section in the main dining room if the open timing is what you like rather than assigned time, but breakfast in Blu is a really nice event. I would go as far as to say that Breakfast in Blu is the not that differnt from Breakfast in The Haven Dining Room on NCL. I'd also go as far as to say the Blu private dining room is very similar to the idea of The Haven Dining Room on Getaway.

All without the nice bennies of dining without the cost of a Suite.

You can also have breakfast in MDR, it is pretty nice there

Edited by Airbalancer

• 1 month later...

We are leaving this Sat Nov 15 on Reflection in AQ Suite. We orig had Sky suite, but got a bump up to AQ. I will give a full review when I get back. This has been planned since last April and we spend our time relaxing, sunning, and dining. I will definitely be evaluating the rewards vs extra $$$

I give inside cruisers mega props because you are totally maximizing your $$$. Personally, I enjoy quiet time in our cabin and a balcony gives me quick fresh air if I get closed in. I think I mentioned before that if I am on a port intensive, destination cruise, I would definitely not do all the extra class upgrade. Spend the $$$ on the touring.

However you cruise, you do it for you own enjoyment so you can't go wrong. If it's not perfect, you can always correct it on your next one. ;)

We have always sailed in AQ but I think the price difference is too much. If you are considering this, I suggest doing a search for the Blu menus and the MDR menus, as that may factor into your decision. Personally, we like the ambiance and service in Blu better than the food selections, but I know that others disagree. However, for the price difference you are looking at, you can do several nights in specialty dining and still come out ahead.

We've paid for aqua on our last two 10-day cruises and paid about $250 more per person over the lowest priced balcony (2D) so for us it was well worth it, $25 pp per day surcharge to have a specialty restaurant for BLU. however, I would not pay $1,000 pp extra. Just not worth it :eek: unless it includes the all-inclusive promo that celebrity is now offering which would include all drinks, gratuities and $300 shipboard credit from X as well as additional credit from travel agent. But even then, the $1,000 pp upcharge would still be too much

IMHO

We are leaving this Sat Nov 15 on Reflection in AQ Suite. We orig had Sky suite, but got a bump up to AQ. I will give a full review when I get back. This has been planned since last April and we spend our time relaxing, sunning, and dining. I will definitely be evaluating the rewards vs extra $$$

I give inside cruisers mega props because you are totally maximizing your $$$. Personally, I enjoy quiet time in our cabin and a balcony gives me quick fresh air if I get closed in. I think I mentioned before that if I am on a port intensive, destination cruise, I would definitely not do all the extra class upgrade. Spend the $$$ on the touring.

However you cruise, you do it for you own enjoyment so you can't go wrong. If it's not perfect, you can always correct it on your next one. ;)[/quote

First, I would consider going from AQ from a sky suite to be a downgrade, not a bump up.

IMHO, enjoy having a balcony over an inside cabin. It's wonderful to sit out there & watch the sunset with a drink in hand. If the price of a AQ is not substantially more than a balcony, dining in Blu is worth it, the other perks are of nominal value.

I may be a minority of one re BLU, but we had dinner there (only once) on a recent transatlantic. The food was awful, and the service not as good as the food.

Not sure of the merits of Aqua Class, but I would advise against booking it for access to BLU.

I'm right there with you.

I much prefer saving a bit of money and book Concierge.

I would be sure to check with a TA since ours kicked in about $200 more OBC for getting AQ vs a regular veranda. Makes the cost difference quite a bit better. You might also want to check on a famous reverse auction site (not sure I could post the link here) to get competitive bids on pricing.

However you cruise, you do it for you own enjoyment so you can't go wrong. If it's not perfect, you can always correct it on your next one. ;)

First, I would consider going from AQ from a sky suite to be a downgrade, not a bump up. [/Quote]

JDPAPILLION was upgraded to an Aqua Suite (not downgraded to Aqua Class)

On the last built / launched Reflection there are categories of Suites not seen on other Celebrity Ships including a category of Suites known as Aqua Suites... These are indeed an upgrade from a Sky Suite.

Soon tho they will be no more... As Celebrity makes them all Sky Suites by April 2015 in anticipation of the more "unified" Suite Class (ie using the new Suites Dining Room)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Cheers!

We are going on that exact same cruise.

We chose Concierge class over Aqua. I personally would spend extra money on getting the balcony and some specialty restaurant meals. There is nothing better than having a cup of coffee early morning or a glass of wine at night out on your own balcony.

Agree, at least spring for a balcony. We really like Aqua and if you can swing it go for it as you wouldn't be disappointed.

Duane

JDPAPILLION was upgraded to an Aqua Suite (not downgraded to Aqua Class)

On the last built / launched Reflection there are categories of Suites not seen on other Celebrity Ships including a category of Suites known as Aqua Suites... These are indeed an upgrade from a Sky Suite.

Soon tho they will be no more... As Celebrity makes them all Sky Suites by April 2015 in anticipation of the more "unified" Suite Class (ie using the new Suites Dining Room)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Cheers!

I agree the AQSuites are a find right now. For Blu Breakfasts and Persian Gardens... Along with the Hump and the extra size.