Ya'll can help me with this one....

Lois R

Hi Lois!

For me, Steinmart is kind of "hit or miss." Sometimes I find things and sometimes I don't. It's one of those places that I have to go into often and hit it when things are just arriving--I think because they don't carry as many of my size. icon_frown.gif I don't know how familiar you are with Steinmart. They also have some great items for the home as well. Let us know what you find! Now if it was a gift certificate from Bealls I KNOW you would have NO problem finding something to spend it on!! icon_biggrin.gif Melody

Hi Truffles...yes I know Steimart quite well icon_wink.gif

Their Headquarters are here in Jacksonville!

I live within 10 minutes of 3 different ones! and I agree with your statement about hit or miss on things sometimes.

I will go and just peruse.....see what I can find icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Good Morning, Lois - No Steinmarts up here in NJ, but whatever you get I'm sure you'll look great in!

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Hi girlsicon_smile.gif Princess....that gown...was from a local consignment store I frequently use!

The picture really doesn't do the dress justice...it looks handmade close up....and it was only $30.00!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the compliment too! icon_smile.gif

Hi Lois,

Why don't you try to find something for your next cruise. This way you'll think of your sister while you're away, and you'll have something new that was "free".

I was at Steinmart last weekend, and bought a pair of black and taupe Jones New York Capris.

They were having an additonal 30% off sale, so I got them for a great price. I have a convention to attend in South Beach 4 days after the cruise and thought they would be perfect for one of the casual nights. I bought a black off the shoulder top to go with it, and it looks like a hot Miami night outfit.

Have fun shopping. I love gift certficates!

Mari

Lois,

I just went to Steinmart over this last weekend, and found several things, all of which are going on the cruise with me. First of all, I found a beautiful rayon torquoise wrap for my swimsuit ($19.99), a very very cute pair of flip-flops, orange leather with a big sunflower on the front ($9.99), and the bestest buy of all, a deep vibrant pink with floral print dress, silk, originally marked $78.00, discounted to $12.00! Oh, and also, I got some of those tape-on bras, for (I think) $3.99.

Leah

heyicon_smile.gif thanks for all the suggestions....I think I saw those flip-flops icon_biggrin.gif.

I don't sail again till September icon_eek.gif not sure I want to hold onto the gift card that long LOL...I may decide to try a new pair of sunglasses or something like that instead of clothes icon_wink.gif.

But your recommendations are FUN icon_biggrin.gif

Steinmart is one of my favorite stores. I find designer things in there that are half the price or even less than in other stores. If someone gave me a $20 gift certificate I would just browse around the store and pounce on what caught my fancy. It is a rare day when I do not find something I absolutely love in that store.

Lois,

I personally love the Steinmart at Fleming Island--it may be a little too south of where you are in Jax but, it is never crowded and a great selection. They have some nice costume jewlery that would spark up any outfit! Got some adorable flip flops from there last year!!

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif Hi girls! Well, found a complete outfit today at Steinmart!! With the gift card...it only cost me $11.00 for both pieces icon_biggrin.gif.

I found the cutest slacks...ankle length..no hem needed!..they are a silk..print...BEAUTIFUL...with tropical colors! Yes, I can wear them on a cruise but I can wear them to the office as well. There are blues, pinks, greens...not a "wild print" but very pretty...with some small floral patterns...and yes...some caribbean blue fish!

The top I found is a pink silk knit...pullover..short sleeves with the "shiney ribbon" around the edges. Both pieces were on sale and I had the gift card!

So...I am happy and it was about 85 degrees here todayicon_smile.gif.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Good shopping Lois..but I am much more envious of your 85 degrees!! Oh what a wonderful life!

I cannot imagine what it feels like to wake up to sunshine and scorching heat every day. It must be heavenly!

A guy was in our restaurant yesterday from Miami. He imports smoked foods, not our kind, more mass produced stuff. He spent an hour telling me that if we had this operation in Miami, we'd have a gold mine. He even says he would get us into the states...when I hear of tempratures like 85...I think....oh maybe some day!

There again, I'd be hitting south beach and no work would get done!

Hi Hollyicon_smile.gif..yes, its been warm...though sadly this area is WAYYYY below the amount of rain we need...19 inches icon_frown.gif and its only April. If we don't get some soon, it is likely the summer will have fires ...we went through a VERY BAD drought in 1998...don't want that to happen again icon_mad.gif..we do need some rain!

Lois - If I could send you some I would. We're supposed to have rain every day this week and after the spring we had last year, the summer we had last year and this past winter, the last thing we need is more rain!

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Hey Lois:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Stein Mart. I don't have one close to me but while I was at Myrtle Beach last week I went 3 times!! What a great store.

While I was there I found the following: red suedecloth trousers for me; a marroon chenille throw for the new sofa I have in mind; the perfect Cmas gift for my son in law the movie fanatic (a hardback journal with all sorts of movie info that he can write in his recent favorites); and a pink cowboy hat for my Texas granddaughter.

With my potential pending move to Myrtle Beach (keep your fingers crossed), I'll be close to SteinMart AND Target. Oh the shopping I'll be doing LOL.

Sandy

Grand, 2/8/04

Star, 8/30/03

Archived