New Rules for Shareholder Credit?

Rowan555

In the past, I would always just email my shareholder info about a week before the cruise and we were all set. Our cruise just got moved forward a week and we leave this Sunday instead of a week from Sunday, so I emailed my info as usual, only to be told it now must be faxed, and they only accept photocopies of paper statements, not screenshots of online accounts. I am NOT happy - we are losing $200 if they don't accept the information I have because it's within 2 weeks of sailing and because all I have is a screenshot.

Any advice or experience to offer regarding this situation?

Thanks!

Not a new change. They might have started enforcing the rules, but the rules have been there for quite a while.

They dropped the e-mail from the shareholder instructions at least as far back as the 2012 shareholder benefit document. Has not been there in any since either.

The shareholder benefit document has shown the requirements of being applied for at least two week prior to the cruise and the copy of the brokerage statement being required since that time as well.

Technically, this is a "new" booking which we booked this weekend, so I'm hoping an exception can be made. I'm working on getting a brokerage statement right now and hoping they have mercy on us! I'll email it AND fax it just to be on the safe side.

I still don't get the faxing thing - I don't know a single person with a landline, so having to jump through the hoop of getting a pc fax program is a bit of a pain.

I never submit mine too far in advance, but I don't wait until a week before sailing because, well, you just never know! This is the wording from the website (emphasis added)...

"Please provide by fax or by mail your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below."

I'll submit mine for my November cruises after I have a September statement. If they reject it, I'll have plenty of time to fax it.

I've always emailed mine and have sometimes received a response in under an hour.

If you have a printer with a scanner, simply do a google search for "free online fax", follow the quick instructions attach your scan and you can fax in your underwear. Landlines are rarely used for in home faxing anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't tried it from home, but at work, I scan a document and then fax it straight from Outlook. It works just like an email attachment only it goes to the recipient's fax. In our case, when we receive a fax, it doesn't even get printed. It goes into a folder on the server as a pdf file.

Ha. Remember the bad old days of the awful, slick fax paper? And if you tried to highlight, it turned the print black? Yes, I'm old. :p

Good luck, OP. Let us know if it works for you.

I haven't tried it from home, but at work, I scan a document and then fax it straight from Outlook. It works just like an email attachment only it goes to the recipient's fax. In our case, when we receive a fax, it doesn't even get printed. It goes into a folder on the server as a pdf file.

Ha. Remember the bad old days of the awful, slick fax paper? And if you tried to highlight, it turned the print black? Yes, I'm old. :p

Good luck, OP. Let us know if it works for you.

Haha, I sure do! I also remember attempting to send faxes over and over before you'd actually get that confirmation page to print and let you know it had actually gone through.

I used hellofax.com to send the documents, and I emailed cclsupport and the icare emails as a backup. Really hoping it works out.

I emailed mine sunday and got this reply today

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit. The credit has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

Sincerely,

Belkis Llanes

Guest Administration Coordinator

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

800-438-6744

iCare@carnival.com

We booked two cruises on Saturday.

Did a Screen Grab of our brokerage statement and e-mailed it on Sunday.

Checked our documents on-line today and both bookings show a $100 credit.

Only e-mail that I received was an automated "We have received your ....".

gary

Always take your confirmation and documentation. Its amazing how it can get "lost". If they don't have it on board give the papers to them to contact headquarters during your cruise. Has always worked for me.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app