Princess E-Z Air

MisterMet

Just rebooked my E-Z Air flexible air for our Mediterranean May 2015 (Miami-Atl-Venice, Barcelona-Paris-Miami). Saved $163 pp over original E-Z Air flexible reservations. Thank you for all your help by letting us know to check the rates a couple of times a week or else we would have never known! Thanks CC members!:):D:D:)

Just rebooked my E-Z Air flexible air for our Mediterranean May 2015 (Miami-Atl-Venice, Barcelona-Paris-Miami). Saved $163 pp over original E-Z Air flexible reservations. Thank you for all your help by letting us know to check the rates a couple of times a week or else we would have never known! Thanks CC members!:):D:D:)

I hate to ask a stupid question, but how do you go about checking the rates for your flexible EZ air reservations without messing up your current reservations? We have a good deal, I think, on a one way business class rate for our spring TA, but I wouldn't mind checking to see if the rates go down if I can do so without potentially losing my current reservations.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but how do you go about checking the rates for your flexible EZ air reservations without messing up your current reservations? We have a good deal, I think, on a one way business class rate for our spring TA, but I wouldn't mind checking to see if the rates go down if I can do so without potentially losing my current reservations.
I do it two ways:

1. In the Cruise Personalizer for your cruise, click on Flights & Transfers

2. Select Booking Flights with EzAir

3. Scroll down and click on Add or Modify Flights

4. Click on Edit Your Flights

5. Enter the desired Departure and/or Arrival times and click on Search

6. If you see a better itinerary, select it. If not, back out.

After a while this may not work. EzAir remembers you and may start saying no results are available. In that case, go back to the Princess website, search for your cruise, click on Flight Quotes and do a search. If you find a better itinerary, you can call Princess and have them change it.

Edited by billco

I generally book our own air but occasionally Princess pulls one out of the hat...last September....Vancouver, London, Rome - Venice, London, Vancouver.....$539 pp RTN. Even on a seat sale I can hardly fly YVR to LHR for $1,000 pp RTN.
That's insanely good for a round trip. My next cruise is 45 days from today, so I am officially ticketed and my flexible fare is now non-refundable. I booked a flexible rate one-way United from Sacramento-San Francisco-London 330 days out for $576/person on EzAir. At that time I was able to book one way, because it was a B2B2B and and the return leg wasn't available yet. Shortly after final payment I noticed a reduction to $495/person, so I rebooked. Princess refunded the difference. I thought mine was pretty good, but Princess definitely pulled one out of the hat for you.

Twice we've used E-Z Air. Both times very cheap compared to booking our own (both were international flights). But it was like we were flying standby (well maybe not). The first time we were seated separate from each other on an overnight flight (we originally were not suppose to be next to each other, this was at the end of the cruise and was changed sometime during our cruise).

Another time, they changed our flights 3 times before our cruise. The last being 5 weeks before sailing! They had us separate again (in different rows) on an overnight flight in the middle of a 4 seat row! :eek: I called my TA to holler. We ended up seating next to each other in a bulk head (thought this would be good since there is more leg room), the seats were narrower and the arm rests don't move. The service was a choke and the airline crew were snooty. It was horrible! I'll never fly in those seats or on that airline again (cough... Air France!).

It'll have to be another great deal for us do use E-Z Air again. Maybe we just had 2 really bad experiences? :confused:

• 1 month later...

A little update on our E-Z Air experience. After landing what we thought were pretty good flights and prices for refundable/flexible airfares through multiple airlines (although they are operating partners) things changed pretty quickly.

To make a long story short (or to at least try anyway), both airlines, along with Princess EZ Air played the blame each other game when the itineraries were changed. We wound up canceling our flexible/refundable fares with Princess EZ Air after many calls to Princess (and not being able to speak directly to them, but only Princess C/S reps, which wasn't helpful) asking for an honest explanation. Got none. Ironically, the original flights through both airlines are still listed on our frequent flier reservation pages as being active, even after we canceled the flights through Princess more than a week prior. One flight that Princess EZ Air says the airline canceled was listed as active on both airline sites and the Princess EZ Air reservation page as well. Since the airlines are the ones actually operating their own flights we called the airlines and confirmed that at least one of the two changes came from Princess. We came to the conclusion that the EZ Air department was pulling a CYA as their fares that were probably listed too low or were over booked and thus changed.

We were disappointed with the way Princess C/S interfaces with their own Air Reservations department (too much "hold on and we'll call them for you" stuff). We can now understand some of the earlier posts regarding some poor experiences with EZ Air.

If you're looking for air reservations, you may want to go directly to the airlines themselves and look into getting travel insurance to cover the non-refundable tickets. You will definitely save $$ compared to the cruise line websites, and if anything changes, you only have to deal with the airlines!:):):)

Edited by MisterMet

Can you check E-Z Air without a reservation? We would like to do a Australia/New Zealand cruisetour and I'm trying to get a good feel for cost and time before we book the cuise.

Looking at it a few ways. Round trip vs. one way flights. Thought about flying into LA and then leaving the next day to Sidney. 14 hours in the air vs.22 sounds a bit better.

Thanks for any information.

]Can you check E-Z Air without a reservation?[/color] We would like to do a Australia/New Zealand cruisetour and I'm trying to get a good feel for cost and time before we book the cuise.

Looking at it a few ways. Round trip vs. one way flights. Thought about flying into LA and then leaving the next day to Sidney. 14 hours in the air vs.22 sounds a bit better.

Do you mean before you book the cruise?

A little update on our E-Z Air experience. After landing what we thought were pretty good flights and prices for refundable/flexible airfares through multiple airlines (although they are operating partners) things changed pretty quickly.

To make a long story short (or to at least try anyway), both airlines, along with Princess EZ Air played the blame each other game when the itineraries were changed. We wound up canceling our flexible/refundable fares with Princess EZ Air after many calls to Princess (and not being able to speak directly to them, but only Princess C/S reps, which wasn't helpful) asking for an honest explanation. Got none. Ironically, the original flights through both airlines are still listed on our frequent flier reservation pages as being active, even after we canceled the flights through Princess more than a week prior. One flight that Princess EZ Air says the airline canceled was listed as active on both airline sites and the Princess EZ Air reservation page as well. Since the airlines are the ones actually operating their own flights we called the airlines and confirmed that at least one of the two changes came from Princess. We came to the conclusion that the EZ Air department was pulling a CYA as their fares that were probably listed too low or were over booked and thus changed.

We were disappointed with the way Princess C/S interfaces with their own Air Reservations department (too much "hold on and we'll call them for you" stuff). We can now understand some of the earlier posts regarding some poor experiences with EZ Air.

If you're looking for air reservations, you may want to go directly to the airlines themselves and look into getting travel insurance to cover the non-refundable tickets. You will definitely save $$ compared to the cruise line websites, and if anything changes, you only have to deal with the airlines!:):):)

We had a very similar experience with EZ Air last November for transportation to and from our Med cruise beginning in Venice and ending in Barcelona. We began with very convenient flights and then about 3 weeks before the cruise, everything changed.

It seems as though in some cases this is a "bait and switch" gimmick . . . you sign up for some decent flights and then get slammed into something less than . . . I am sure this works out perfectly for some people but didn't for us.

We had a very similar experience with EZ Air last November for transportation to and from our Med cruise beginning in Venice and ending in Barcelona. We began with very convenient flights and then about 3 weeks before the cruise, everything changed.

It seems as though in some cases this is a "bait and switch" gimmick . . . you sign up for some decent flights and then get slammed into something less than . . . I am sure this works out perfectly for some people but didn't for us.

Same thing with us, had it worked out, we would have been singing the praises of EZ Air, instead it was not a good experience. We'd call Princess, they'd say they couldn't help us, call the airline; we'd call the airline and they'd tell us to call Princess.

Can you check E-Z Air without a reservation? We would like to do a Australia/New Zealand cruisetour and I'm trying to get a good feel for cost and time before we book the cuise.

Sure. On the first page of a cruise you're interested in you'll see a selection of info categories, destinations, tours, etc. one is flights. Just put in the info asked for and it will show what's available now. I have done this many times. Just put in different airports, dates, etc. and it will quickly respond. Compare this to Kayak or similar site, and/or an airline you prefer and you will get a good overview. Have a great trip.

Sure. On the first page of a cruise you're interested in you'll see a selection of info categories, destinations, tours, etc. one is flights. Just put in the info asked for and it will show what's available now. I have done this many times. Just put in different airports, dates, etc. and it will quickly respond. Compare this to Kayak or similar site, and/or an airline you prefer and you will get a good overview. Have a great trip.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Same thing with us, had it worked out, we would have been singing the praises of EZ Air, instead it was not a good experience. We'd call Princess, they'd say they couldn't help us, call the airline; we'd call the airline and they'd tell us to call Princess.

We had the same problem.

I believe what really slayed us . . . we had an 11am departure flight out of Barcelona which could be "iffy". It was changed to a 9:55am flight which was even "iffier". Princess said "no problem" and it wasn't a problem if you didn't mind rising at 400am and meeting in the Botticelli dining room at 6am. We were at the Barcelona airport at 6:50am. Not an ideal way to end a cruise and prepare for a LONG day of flying.

Insult to injury . . . shortly before boarding our flight, we recognized people from the cruise arriving . . . they were booked on our original flight.