Transatlantic Crossing & Warm Weather

halifaxcruising

Hi - we did a cruise on the Ruby Princess a few years ago from the Azores to Ft. Lauderdale in November. Our cabin was on the left hand side of the ship and the room (balcony) was hot and sunny all day long that the air conditioner in the room could not keep it cool. How common is this? Has anyone else experienced this? We were told it is always warm following the Gulf Stream, but is this the case? Will being on the other side of the ship help?

Thank you.

We did our TA a couple years ago from Barcelona to FLL in late Oct- early Nov. We were on the Liberty OTS and also had a port side balcony. We had no issues with too much heat. The A/C kept us cool when we needed it. Can't wait to do another.:) The starboard side will assure you always have shade. To me, that's worse. Maybe you just had issues with the A/C not working properly.

Edited by LarryL

Weather is weather and sometimes it is very nice and warm and other times it isn't. My wife and I have taken 10 transatlantic cruises and probably 4 were going east to west. It has always been nice. As to the Gulf Stream, if you were sailing from the Azores to Fort Lauderdale you were not following the Gulf Stream which tracks up the east coast of the US and Canada and then heads for Ireland. It was warmer on the port side of a east to west cruise because the sun is on that side.