Cabin Assignment

Mr_Astro

From your question, I assume that you booked a "gurantee"? I have been told that cabin assignment could be as late as the time you arrive to board, but I have booked several guarantees and have never been closer than a week before I knew. Make sure you look at your reservation on HAL frequently because a couple of times my cabin assignment showed up there before I was formally notified.:)

I've booked guarantees with HAL twice. Got room assignment once at the pier and the other time about 12 days before departure. The ony time I've booked a Vista suite I chose the cabin because I didn't want to buy a guarantee and end up getting whatever location was leftover after everyone else chose their cabins. And they still tried to move me a few cabins down and give me $100 off and I said oh no you don't, put me back in the cabin I selected. And they did.

From your question, I assume that you booked a "gurantee"? I have been told that cabin assignment could be as late as the time you arrive to board, but I have booked several guarantees and have never been closer than a week before I knew. Make sure you look at your reservation on HAL frequently because a couple of times my cabin assignment showed up there before I was formally notified.:)

I have been on several "Coastals" and they only offered guarantees at booking time. It is because they usually are part of a longer cruise and HAL does not want to take specific cabins out of inventory for these longer cruises.

Thanks everyone for your input and observations. I've got my luggage tags w/o cabin assignment, so I guess I'll just have to be patient but you've given me valuable information.

David

PS this Zaandam is off to South America after dropping me off in San Diego and there are lots of people carrying on to SA after SD so as DaveOKC's noted, HAL has probably instituted a plan as he suggests.

Thanks everyone for your input and observations. I've got my luggage tags w/o cabin assignment, so I guess I'll just have to be patient but you've given me valuable information.

David

PS this Zaandam is off to South America after dropping me off in San Diego and there are lots of people carrying on to SA after SD so as DaveOKC's noted, HAL has probably instituted a plan as he suggests.

Yes, that if how HAL does the short plus long cruises.

Enjoy waiting for your assignment, come back and tell us how you did!

Have a super cruise!!!!

I have been on several "Coastals" and they only offered guarantees at booking time. It is because they usually are part of a longer cruise and HAL does not want to take specific cabins out of inventory for these longer cruises.

DaveOKC is absolutely right. Usually you will hear around 2 weeks out on the average for cabin assignments. Hope you have a great cruise.

We sail on the Ryndam Sept 20.... just got our assignment this morning. It was an upgrade from a SB gty to a SA. Very happy with location of the cabin etc.

I like the new SB category on the smaller HAL ships. Since there are only 2 of them on most of the ships, you normally get moved to SA anyway and you save money doing this. IMO. the difference in Neptunes cabins (locations) on the smaller HAL ships is minimal.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC