anyone been in this cabin?

louthebowler

just been allocated cabin 10099 on Spirit. have never been in an inside cabin before and on the deck plan these appear to be lengthways on the ship as opposed to the usual widthways. I convinced myself (and Hubby) that an inside cabin would be fine on a port intensive cruise round the med but am starting to get a little nervous now cabin has been allocated, especially now ive seen the deck plan and cant quite figure how they work.

If anyone has been in one of these cabins on Spirit I would really like your input.

just been allocated cabin 10099 on Spirit. have never been in an inside cabin before and on the deck plan these appear to be lengthways on the ship as opposed to the usual widthways. I convinced myself (and Hubby) that an inside cabin would be fine on a port intensive cruise round the med but am starting to get a little nervous now cabin has been allocated, especially now ive seen the deck plan and cant quite figure how they work.

If anyone has been in one of these cabins on Spirit I would really like your input.

Next time it would be considerate of your fellow cruise critic members, it you would put the ship name and cabin type/number in the thread title.

The vast majority of the people who end up opening your thread are those who it doesn't apply too and a more descriptive title could allow them to skip it as they skim the titles of the threads.

In any event, I hope you find the info you require and have a great cruise.

Last cruise we took on the Spirit we had an inside room. It was not that bad. We did not stay in the room much besides to sleep and get ready so it was not a big deal. It was veryyy quiet too. I don't remember what room we were in though.

This cruise on the spirit we got a balcony but that's just because we have never had one and its our honeymoon so we decided to splurge a little! :)

Hi louthebowler, I know what you mean about the inside cabin and being a little unsure. Let me just say that while it is still an inside it seems to be one of the best and the sideways apparently seem larger.

Since we haven't stayed in an inside I can only go by what I've read and what I've been told by friends who have. I guess as long as you're out and about and don't stay in your cabin too much you should be fine. This is the review that I located which refers to your assigned cabin.

Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1952952

Last cruise we took on the Spirit we had an inside room. It was not that bad. We did not stay in the room much besides to sleep and get ready so it was not a big deal. It was veryyy quiet too. I don't remember what room we were in though.

This cruise on the spirit we got a balcony but that's just because we have never had one and its our honeymoon so we decided to splurge a little! :)

Congrats! :D

Hi louthebowler, I know what you mean about the inside cabin and being a little unsure. Let me just say that while it is still an inside it seems to be one of the best and the sideways apparently seem larger.

Since we haven't stayed in an inside I can only go by what I've read and what I've been told by friends who have. I guess as long as you're out and about and don't stay in your cabin too much you should be fine. This is the review that I located which refers to your assigned cabin.

Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1952952

Great minds think alike.. We even picked the same cruise in December. :D

Hi! We recently stayed in one of those type inside rooms you have been assigned to. I think a lot of folks on the boards here refer to them as sideways rooms. So, try a search using that term and you will get some posts to read.

I posted several pictures on our sideways room recently. We sailed on the Jewel in August in an inside sideways room. Search for sideways room 5081.

A lot of folks like the sideways room layout as it seems to be more of an open floor plan, instead of having that longer, narrow hallway as you enter in the traditional inside room.

I stayed in one of those cabins just below that one on the Spirit. It is small, without a couch or chair as that is where the door is. We loved the location because it was right at the atrium, close to the stairs and elevators. I would go out and down to the 8th floor of the atrium to use the internet and felt like I had my own close by living room there! I have fond memories of that cruise because it is the only one that my DH and I did alone without any family or friends.

NOTE: I just hovered my mouse over the title of your thread and could read the first line of the post and knew what ship and room you were referring to. I often do that to decide if I want to read one. ;)