question for UK cruisers re denied use Future Cruise Certificate

Scotland01

Was keen to book Quantum cruise and priced on RCI UK site and received pricing giving named airline and flight times. As was about to sail on Seranade 2 weeks ago decided to wait to book until on board to secure OBC. However while cruise price was the same the flight costs were several hundred pounds more expensive and would not give us any idea of carrier or route. We bought open Future cruise certificates last week made to RCI as we like to book direct. Did the booking on RCI UK site price on our return the same as before we went on Seranade but were unable to use certificates. Phoned Guatamala and quoted same price and lack of fight information as on ship customer service then said could not be used on internet booking. Feel I was mislead by Future cruise officer. Has anybody else had this problem? Can somebody give me appropriate person to write to in Miami please as I am now left with unusable Future cruise certificates Sorry this is a bit long winded. Margaret

Was keen to book Quantum cruise and priced on RCI UK site and received pricing giving named airline and flight times. As was about to sail on Seranade 2 weeks ago decided to wait to book until on board to secure OBC. However while cruise price was the same the flight costs were several hundred pounds more expensive and would not give us any idea of carrier or route. We bought open Future cruise certificates last week made to RCI as we like to book direct. Did the booking on RCI UK site price on our return the same as before we went on Seranade but were unable to use certificates. Phoned Guatamala and quoted same price and lack of fight information as on ship customer service then said could not be used on internet booking. Feel I was mislead by Future cruise officer. Has anybody else had this problem? Can somebody give me appropriate person to write to in Miami please as I am now left with unusable Future cruise certificates Sorry this is a bit long winded. Margaret

As far as I know you have never been able to use a FCC on an Internet booking. The best way is to put a 24 hr courtesy hold on what you want and then call RCI and they will put it on the FCC.

You can still use it booking direct with RCI just not without actually talking to someone.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

just off indy this week,while on ship we asked for a price for the anthem next year to canaries,was given a price more than £500 more than TA price :confused::confused:

just off indy this week,while on ship we asked for a price for the anthem next year to canaries,was given a price more than £500 more than TA price :confused::confused:

That is exactly same as we were given The cruise price was the same but it was the airfare that was £400 more than price on UK site with no flights specified, The same price was given from Guatamala call centre as on Seranade. I am not happy that future sales person did not make us aware certificates could not be used with internet booking. Have used them before call centre in UK moved and no problem as their price was the same as internet.Thanks for getting back