Open Seating on Prinsendam

casamariposa

A question for anyone who has been on the Prinsendam very recently: Is open seating still on the periphery, along the windows, in the main section of the Master Dining Room? It was that way over the holidays, and I found that to be curious. Those of us in fixed seating were crowded together in the very center. (I would imagine that the forward dining room on starboard side is still entirely fixing dining.)

A question for anyone who has been on the Prinsendam very recently: Is open seating still on the periphery, along the windows, in the main section of the Master Dining Room? It was that way over the holidays, and I found that to be curious. Those of us in fixed seating were crowded together in the very center. (I would imagine that the forward dining room on starboard side is still entirely fixing dining.)

According to our MDR layout at HALFacts which was recently verified, that is still the way it is. We have always been in the forward dining room which is very nice and hope to be there again next Sunday :D

We were in fixed seating during our May Baltics cruise on the Prinsendam, though not at a table in the very center. Our table for 8 was in the row between the window tables and the center, and we didn't find it crowded except for the two seats that were against the pony wall separating us from the window tables. We simply took turns sitting in those seats.

What we did find interesting was that there were actually only six of us at the table with fixed seating. The remaining 2 seats were occupied by various open seating passengers throughout the cruise. Some nights those seats remained empty. But the nights they were filled, we had very enjoyable dining companions, a few with whom we'd already made friends earlier in the trip.

KK

Just got off the Prinsendam last Sunday. Yes, Open seating is still around the windows and fixed seating is in the center and the other fixed seating is on the Starboard side. Enjoy! We were on for 28 days and loved every day. Ozcur from Turkey is the Dining Manager - an absolute delight!!!

Just got off the Prinsendam last Sunday. Yes, Open seating is still around the windows and fixed seating is in the center and the other fixed seating is on the Starboard side. Enjoy! We were on for 28 days and loved every day. Ozcur from Turkey is the Dining Manager - an absolute delight!!!

Thanks, one and all. I'm leaving on the 28-day Amazon Explorer in late November. My party of five has confirmed fixed seating, table for six. That was what I had booked on the P-dam's Holiday cruise, and I was traveling solo and placed at a table for eight (although I requested six), and open seating PAX were occasionally placed with us. I have no objection to that on a shorter cruise, but it's curious that that has never happened on other HAL ships I've been on. (And I'm close to having spent 500 days aboard HAL ships.)

Thanks, one and all. I'm leaving on the 28-day Amazon Explorer in late November. My party of five has confirmed fixed seating, table for six. That was what I had booked on the P-dam's Holiday cruise, and I was traveling solo and placed at a table for eight (although I requested six), and open seating PAX were occasionally placed with us. I have no objection to that on a shorter cruise, but it's curious that that has never happened on other HAL ships I've been on. (And I'm close to having spent 500 days aboard HAL ships.)

It was a first for us as well, but we had such a fun, agreeable table of people, it only added to the convivial atmosphere.

KK