NOS Questions

jssabs

Windjammer is usually open 7 to 11 for breakfast and 11:30 to 3 for lunch. I think it may open earlier than 7am on debarkation morning though.

Belize, as the above poster stated, is the only tender port on this itinerary and it takes about 15-20 minutes to tender over, plus whatever time it takes to fill up the tender.

Judy

Windjammer is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but it is not 24/7. The Windjammer hours are approx. 6AM to 9:30PM. There will be some hours during the day that food is not available due to changeover from breakfast to lunch or from lunch to dinner. Snacks (pizza, sandwiches, fruit, etc.) are available in the Cafe Promenade or room service 24/7.

Belize is your only tender port of the three. Keep in mind (as mentioned by a previous poster) the tender ride is about 5 miles and will elapse approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Expect a considerable line during the late afternoon to return to the ship.

Thank you all for your replies. As to the Windjammer hours, is it safe to assume that the times during the day that food is not available there is for approximately 1 hour during the changeovers, i.e. one hour when they switch from breakfast to lunch, and 1 hour when they switch from lunch to dinner.

When we were on the NOS in May, the W.J. buffet featured a "Tex/Mex" snack bar from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm with chips, salsa, guacamole, jalapenos, taco meat and other nacho friendly toppings.

I was there in May also but didn't go into the Winjammer during that time. I might have to check it out in December. I LOVE nachos! :D

Edited by Ladysilver

Thank you all for your replies. As to the Windjammer hours, is it safe to assume that the times during the day that food is not available there is for approximately 1 hour during the changeovers, i.e. one hour when they switch from breakfast to lunch, and 1 hour when they switch from lunch to dinner.

The hour is probably a pretty conservative bet. I can't even remember what times we went but I can tell you we were never hungry or had a hard time finding food. I had thought it was open earlier than 7 also. Maybe 6ish?

Debbie

Last year when we were on the NOS the change over was seamless. Normally there are 2 bars that have almost the same items for breakfast, one to port and one to starboard. We happened in late one morning and got a plate full of breakfast and as we were eating they shut one side down, took away the breakfast food and put out lunch food and after that side was done they started on the other, then they changed out the middle bar from breakfast fruits and cereal to fruit and desserts for lunch. It made it so there was always food out all the time. We actually went back again and got lunch right after a plate of breakfast.

The hour is probably a pretty conservative bet. I can't even remember what times we went but I can tell you we were never hungry or had a hard time finding food. I had thought it was open earlier than 7 also. Maybe 6ish?

Debbie

Hello! - Looking at all things NOS since we are cruising on her next month. I have downloaded some Cruise Compasses that fellow CCers were kind enough to provide and so I took a look at the ones for a June 2014 cruise. It looks like breakfast in the WJ normally set to start at 7 except for those port days when you get in around 8 and then they open at 6.

Note also that Cafe Promenade is open virtually 24 hours.

It varies, don't forget to check the compass. When I was on Navigator (2009) they didn't close between breakfast and lunch, they shut down one half of the big Windjammer and switched it to lunch. When that opened they closed down the breakfast side and switched. By noon both sides were back open again. Also the opening time in the morning was later on a sea day and earlier on a port day.