Orlando to Port Canaveral - Options?

BaltoTraveler

For those of you who have flown into Orlando for a cruise out of Port Canaveral, what have you found to be the best transportation option(s)?

I guess I'm looking for a balance of price, convenience, and speed. Our cruise is with Royal Caribbean, so one option is their shuttle service. Other options, I imagine, are a limo service and a generic airport shuttle.

There is a third option: car rental. There's no drop-off chargge in Florida so its usually the cheapest method. You do not have to wait for the cruise line bus to fill up. You can stop on the way if you want to. And several car rental companies have locations that are within 5 to 10 minutes of the port and offer free shuttles.

There is a third option: car rental. There's no drop-off chargge in Florida so its usually the cheapest method. You do not have to wait for the cruise line bus to fill up. You can stop on the way if you want to. And several car rental companies have locations that are within 5 to 10 minutes of the port and offer free shuttles.

We are looking for this option since we will be flying in the day before and staying the day after. Can you give me the names of the car rental companies that are located close to the port? We would also like to pick up a car at the dock and return it to the airport - do you have a recommendation. Thanks

OK. Reserved a car from Budget at a pretty good price. My next question is: When we're ready to board the ship at Port Canaveral, should I drive to the dock and unload luggage and family, or go directly to the Budget office and have us all take the shuttle back to the dock with our stuff? (Third option: drop off the luggage at the dock, but keep the family together.)

• 1 month later...

Balto we just got off the Glory the other week we rented a car from Budget was a very good place to deal with. We were in Cocoa Beach a few days before the cruise we stop and talked to the girls in the Budget office told us to stop before we went to the ship, they loaded all our bages in there shuttle and took us all to the ship 7 of us and drops us right at the porters. Also the Driver told us not to tip the porters they are payed very well if you look up at the signs on the poles they tell you they are Payed to do there job.

Archived