Tons of cabins still left and less than 2 months to sail date - chance of upgrade?

abisha

Nobody will ever know that. But they have been doing it for a long time and do a pretty good job at selling out cruises.

Oh I agree, Princess does a good job selling the cruises, but I suspect that's more from flash sales and last minute deals than filling guarantees.

I'm not super picky but I'm not at all sure I'd like a cabin directly below Princess Theater.
We've been above the theater and not had a problem with noise. We always have second seating traditional dining and tend to go to the show after dinner (if it's offered then), so we are not in our cabin when the show is going on.

We booked a last minute trip last week. 5 days later received an email on a upgrade. (Was not really an upgrade upgrade but it was moving us to a better location from AFT to midship)

The email stated the move / new room number and also stated that we had 48 hours to contact them if we wish to keep our same room. That they would try there best to put us right back in the same room or one right near it. Otherwise if we wished to keep the upgrade it simply stated we did not have to contact them.

I would suggest that you ensure that you check your email each day.

A couple days ago we called into Princess to ask some questions about other things. Through the convo the rep mentioned they see on our file that we are entitled to an additional upgrade then the one we have already received.

I asked what they meant by this (As we are newbie cruisers). They informed us that it is really a luck of the draw but if any rooms are available before the cruise our file is noted that we "MAY" be upgraded. It all depends on availability and there is a slight chance we might be upgraded up to a balcony, etc.

They said it is slim but a chance and that it could be right up to the day of departure that we would be notified. I actually thanked the agent twice because I thought we were done, booked, printed our stuff and I had no intentions to even look at my email the few days before the cruise.

The agent in away scolded me LOL.. said definitely check your email each day, even the morning we have to go to the port to board as there is always a chance that an upgrade can happen.

If I were you just keep an eye on your email :)

Well I hope we don't get notified of an upgrade in the four days before our cruise. We will be travelling with no email access.

Sent from my iPad using Forums