When will all the ships go to Dynamic?

Fastback89

Sounds like you are making a strong case for My Time Dining (MTD), which is what we choose on occasion depending on the itinerary and a few other things.

As far as your desire to let YOUR DAILY schedule decide when you dine, how is having to make reservations MONTHS IN ADVANCE for each night going to allow you the freedom to let you enjoy your "play it by ear" dining choice?

Give me more choices. I'd rather be able to dine at a venue where there are 10 different menus (along with the usual every night standards) during a 10 night cruise, where I could choose between the following;

1. A regular traditional set time.

2. The freedom to take advantage of MTD

3. One of the specialty restaurants.

4. Or the buffet.

Oh, sorry. That's the current NON-Dynamic system.

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear RCCL,

Change all the old ships to DD along with all the new builds, but how about including another small venue with seating for 100 that would allow even MORE choice to your Dynamic new program. How about a 100 seat TRADITIONAL (new menu each night)restaurant that could easily be converted to something more trendy and "DYNAMIC" if no one chooses it?

OMO

bosco

I bet the 100 seat Traditional Dining room would book up quickly. It was that way on Princess when they had 2 DR for flextime and 1 for traditional. The Traditional dining room could also have some of the DD menus for some of the nights and continue to be part of large scale, limited item ordering (that is supposed to be a cost savings for RCI using DD).

Dining is not the number 1 factor, but, Meeting People is. Like many others aboard many cruise lines we have cherished the great friendships forged at the Dining Room aboard ships.

Sure, you meet people at lunch or breakfast, by the pool on an excursion but, It's not the same. There's something special about the people you meet at dinner, these friendships, they evolve. You bond, you become close, you meet up at trivia, at port and around the ship and look forward to seeing them in the evening and discussing your adventures of the day.

We cruise because we love ships, we love the ports and we really love meeting people at dinner. Sadly, Dynamic Dining will usher out a much loved highlight of our cruises, sitting around a great big table for 12 and laughing with a bunch of new friends as we steam across the seas, those were the days.

Jonathan

Very well said and I feel the same way! I also think that the Radiance Class ships will just eliminate traditional dining so, I canceled 2 future RCI cruises this week in favor of a more traditional way of cruising.

We all have choices though.....:)

Sounds like you are making a strong case for My Time Dining (MTD), which is what we choose on occasion depending on the itinerary and a few other things.

As far as your desire to let YOUR DAILY schedule decide when you dine, how is having to make reservations MONTHS IN ADVANCE for each night going to allow you the freedom to let you enjoy your "play it by ear" dining choice?

1. I don't mind making reservations months in advance. What I don't like is having to decide that I want to eat at one of only 2 established times, every single night of the cruise. If we have to eat at 6:00 one night, fine, I just don't want to eat then every single night. Likewise for 8:30.

2. We have found that reservations can usually be changed once onboard, or we simply decide when we're ready to eat, go by the restaurants and see who can accommodate us.

1. I don't mind making reservations months in advance. What I don't like is having to decide that I want to eat at one of only 2 established times, every single night of the cruise. If we have to eat at 6:00 one night, fine, I just don't want to eat then every single night. Likewise for 8:30.

2. We have found that reservations can usually be changed once onboard, or we simply decide when we're ready to eat, go by the restaurants and see who can accommodate us.

My post mentioned MTD or My Time Dining only as a possible choice for you. It does not tie you down to any specific dining time and you can select a different time each day. You can reserve a time for dining or you can just show up whenever you like.

This great new option allows you more flexibility to plan your daily activities. Want to linger awhile at the pool and catch the day's last rays? No problem. Worked up an appetite on a shore excursion and want to dine early? Done.

This option is all about convenience and flexibility. You can choose to dine between 6:00 and 9:30 pm each evening. In addition, we will accept reservations once onboard the ship.

Enjoy your cruise whatever your dining choice is.

bosco

My post mentioned MTD or My Time Dining only as a possible choice for you. It does not tie you down to any specific dining time and you can select a different time each day. You can reserve a time for dining or you can just show up whenever you like.

This great new option

Thank you, I'm well familiar with MTD already, and it's not really that new anymore. When we cruise, it's what we choose. But I like the idea of Dynamic Dining on Quantum even better, simply because of the additional restaurant choices. :)

Thank you... it's not really that new anymore.

But I like the idea of Dynamic Dining on Quantum even better, simply because of the additional restaurant choices. :)

I have used it in the past as well. Sorry for the "NEW" reference but due to laziness I took some of the post from the RCCL website.

Happy cruising to you and yours. I can't wait for the reviews from the Quatum and the new DD. I probably would try it if it works out well.

bosco

I'm not too sure why there is such a fuss coming from the traditional dining group here. We only eat in the MDR, as my husband says the food is fine there, and I'll eat pretty much anywhere! :D

So, we talked about DD, and I gave him the document I compiled with all the free dining menus. We decided to try all but one restaurant when we end up on a DD ship.

I figure we make reservations at three restaurants. We go. We decide which one(s) we like. We make reservations for another / more night(s).

That's 6 nights out of a 7 night cruise.

After the first cruise I figure we'll have our likes and dislikes established, and it's business as usual from that time forward. The only added step is I will make reservations in advance when I don't now. Since I'm a detail freak, anyway, it's just one more thing I'll do.

By the way, the free dining menus look good to us.

Very well said and I feel the same way! I also think that the Radiance Class ships will just eliminate traditional dining so, I canceled 2 future RCI cruises this week in favor of a more traditional way of cruising.

We all have choices though.....:)

We agree will not sail on any ship with dd DINING.Traditional are nothing.:)