Difference between Diamond and Caribbean Princess

geofg

The dining rooms in the Diamond are smaller because they are really 2 big dining rooms cut in half. Each is decorated differently but the food is all the same.

The dining rooms in the Caribbean are just like the Grand/Golden/Star - 2 large dining rooms.

The dining rooms in the Caribbean are just like the Grand/Golden/Star - 2 large dining rooms.
There are actually three main dining rooms on Grand/Golden/Star/Caribbean.
The CB has MUTS (Movies Under The Stars)... the Diamond doesn't.
And we’re all thankful for that' date=' aren’t we?[/font']

Standard cabins are larger on Diamond/Sapphire Princess. Wheelhouse Bar is situated where Painted Desert is situated on Grand Princess (I think that's where Sterling Steakhouse is located on Caribbean Princess). Diamond is a beautiful ship and became my favorite. I'm just sorry to see the specialty dining rooms changed to the same menu. There was some good grub. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise.

Note--we were on the Diamond last summer, Caribbean last spring break. In case things haven't changed...

No Cafe Caribe "extra" buffet on the Diamond.

Diamond's Internet Cafe is much nicer with a coffee bar.

Diamond had express disembarkation if you carried your own bags, Caribbean didn't.

Diamond had a pool with a retractable roof--I don't remember one on the Caribbean.

Diamond was easier to get seats for Princess Theater and Explorers Lounge shows.

Caribbean had the Love Boat Dream dessert every night--Diamond didn't.

Caribbean generally seemed more crowded.

Les

Made up my mind and I am sticking with the Diamond Princess in Alaska next August. I just wanted to know what differences there are between the 2 ships

The Diamond is our favorite for one reason........the Wheelhouse has a much larger dance floor and continuous (no break) dance music.......we love it!!

The Caribbean Princess also has a 2nd buffet area, the Cafe Caribe, that is aft of the Horizon Court. I found a table for breakfast and lunch without any problems every single day. They also have some interesting food items for lunch and I believe this is where they have the seafood buffet in the evenings.

Archived