Coffee card on crown questions

victory2020

Hi All,

Few questions about coffee card on Crown. Is the only place to get brewed coffee at the IC? Also, does anyone have the prices for espresso & cappuccino. I know the Crown has gelato but I read that it only costs $1.50. Is that still the price? I'm also assuming I can get a brewed coffee at the IC & take it into the dining room with me in the morning. Probably wouldn't be able to get it refilled though, correct?

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee.

You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise.

The “unlimited” brewed coffee does not carry over.

If you are accustomed to good quality coffee, you definitely will want a coffee card. The vile concoction in the Horizon Court (buffet) is syrup based. Room service is also syrup based.

Not that syrup-based coffee is always a bad thing. My hometown source, http://www.javacoffee.com/, informs me there are different grades for syrup coffee, just as with ground coffee.

Regardless of grade, the taste of syrup based is always going to be somewhat inferior to an equivalent grade of ground. Based on flavor, Princess must use the lowest grade (cheapest) available.

Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

Hi All,

Few questions about coffee card on Crown. Is the only place to get brewed coffee at the IC? Also, does anyone have the prices for espresso & cappuccino. I know the Crown has gelato but I read that it only costs $1.50. Is that still the price? I'm also assuming I can get a brewed coffee at the IC & take it into the dining room with me in the morning. Probably wouldn't be able to get it refilled though, correct?

Does the Crown have gelato???? Can we pay for the gelato with the coffee card????

Does the Crown have gelato???? Can we pay for the gelato with the coffee card????

Ahhhhh yes... let's also find out about GELATO!

Is the Gelato on Crown good????

Many different flavors??

How big are the single servings and how much does it cost?

Oh shoot... am I highjacking? :cool:

(They are related to prior question on coffee card payments)!! :D

Many different flavors??

That's quite alright! I would like the answers to these questions also.

Many different flavors??

I thought the Crown's gelato was quite good -- not as good as you'll get in Rome, but, to my tastes as someone who doesn't really like ice cream, far better than any ice cream you can buy in the grocery store.

There were about six to eight flavours (Nutella, stracciatella, lemon I think?, and I don't remember the rest). For $1.50, you get three very good sized scoops -- I shared mine with a kid who belonged to a family on the Roll Call, but if you have a healthy appetite, you can probably eat it all yourself.

Only on the Royal and Regal can you/may you use the coffee card to purchase gelato, because it's more expensive on those two ships. On the Crown, you'll just sign for it like any other incidental onboard expense. Enjoy!

was on the Crown for an extended period this year and yes there is gelato and it was quite good.

I did try to see if I could use my coffee card for gelato but they had no idea what I was talking about so I guess it is only on the Royal/Regal.

I will be on her in two weeks, can't wait

was on the Crown for an extended period this year and yes there is gelato and it was quite good.

I did try to see if I could use my coffee card for gelato but they had no idea what I was talking about so I guess it is only on the Royal/Regal.

I will be on her in two weeks, can't wait

They did you a favor because for 3 scoops it's only $1.50 on the Crown and $2.75 or a coffee card punch on the Royal & Regal. To me it's worth a coffee card punch for the sundaes & crepes but not for only 3 scoops of gelato on the Crown.

Gelato (Italian pronunciation: [dʒeˈlaːto]; plural: gelati) is the Italian word for ice cream, derived from the Latin word "gelātus" (meaning frozen). In American English this word commonly refers to varieties of ice cream made in a traditional Italian style. Gelato is made with milk, cream, various sugars, and flavoring such as fresh fruit and nut purees. It is generally lower in calories, fat and sugar than ice cream.[1]

Gelato is a type of soft ice cream containing a relatively small amount of air.[2] By statute, gelato in Italy must have at least 3.5% butterfat, with no upper limit established.

The sugar content in homemade gelato, as in traditional ice cream, is balanced with the water content to act as an anti-freeze to prevent it from freezing solid. Types of sugar used include sucrose, dextrose, and inverted sugar to control apparent sweetness. Typically, gelato—like any other ice cream—needs a stabilizing base. Egg yolks are used in yellow custard-based gelato flavors, including zabaione and creme caramel, and non-fat milk solids are also added to gelato to stabilize the base. Starches and gums, especially corn starch, are sometimes also used to thicken and stabilize the mix.

In the United States there is no standard of definition for gelato set forth by the United States Food and Drug Administration, as there is for ice cream. Whereas ice cream in the U.S. is defined by the Federal Code both by its ingredients, which includes milk fat (also known as butterfat) of 10% or more, gelato in the U.S. covers a wide range of products including frozen desserts eaten like ice cream; products that are identical to ice cream with the exception of their butterfat contents; and premium ice cream containing butterfat far exceeding the minimums set forth in Italy.

if I'm understanding correctly, the coffee card gives complimentary brewed coffee, and the web site says also premium tea too for the duration. Is tea not always free? what do they mean by 'Premium'?

and,

if I use the 15 punches, I can still use the card till my cruise is done for brewed right?

if I'm understanding correctly, the coffee card gives complimentary brewed coffee, and the web site says also premium tea too for the duration. Is tea not always free? what do they mean by 'Premium'?

and,

if I use the 15 punches, I can still use the card till my cruise is done for brewed right?

No free tea at the IC, but is about the same cost as brewed coffee.

The "premium" teas are not like the ones at Horizon Court.

They are much better and some very different flavors......the ginger tea is the best :)

Once all 15 punches are used, no more free brewed coffee, therefore leave one unpunched.

you can use the coffee card 'punches' in the dining room. they will get you a cappacino or latte with your card, no problem.

Then, can you get a cappacino or latte after dinner in the Crown Grill with our coffee card punches???? Do they have to get from the IC?????