Balcony and Interior Connecting Rooms

jewel825

Has anyone ever booked a balcony room connected with an interior room? I would love to do this on my next cruise so the kids can have their own room and still be connected to us but not have to pay for two balcony rooms. We are planning on going on the Freedom of the Seas or the Oasis next April and it looks like these rooms are very very limited. If anyone has ever done this, were you happy with it? Or did you wish you just booked two balcony rooms that were connected?

I asked my travel agent about it that we've used in the past and she informed me that those don't exist and I can only do an interior across the hall. However, I remember reading about them here on CC and I saw a few (or at least I thought I did) of rooms on the Freedom on the 9th deck at the back of the ship. Maybe I mis interpreted it?

We stayed in the balcony room on Freedom and there was a connecting door to the interior room next door. We only had the balcony room which was nice because it had a little extra room on the balcony because it was the end room. I'm not sure how many but it was on deck nine the last balcony room aft. They exist and yes, I agree new TA.

Time to get a new TA. They do exist on at least Voyager and Freedom class ships. Have seen them but sorry haven't stayed in them. I think they're a great idea though.

I think I'm done with her! I love the idea of them but it looks like there are not too many of them available.

We stayed in the balcony room on Freedom and there was a connecting door to the interior room next door. We only had the balcony room which was nice because it had a little extra room on the balcony because it was the end room. I'm not sure how many but it was on deck nine the last balcony room aft. They exist and yes, I agree new TA.

I was trying to figure out if the balcony was a little bigger. We most likely would hang out in the balcony room but the kids would have a different room to sleep in and keep all their stuff. Storage space is never enough for us! Plus the extra bathroom would be heaven.

We has this setup on the AOS several years ago with our two kids.

Worked out great!

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good to hear you had it and it worked out great. Did the kids feel like they were missing out not having their own balcony?

I remember reading about them here on CC and I saw a few (or at least I thought I did) of rooms on the Freedom on the 9th deck at the back of the ship. Maybe I mis interpreted it?

This configuration is a nice setup for families, depending on how many people are traveling. The Freedom has four connecting balcony/interior staterooms on Deck 9. I would book asap if you are interested:

Cat D1 (9520) & Cat F (9518)

Cat D1 (9220) & Cat F (9218)

(these are both located very forward, and I believe the D1s have a sofabed).

Cat D1 (9696) & Cat L (9701)

Cat D1 (9396) & Cat L (9401)

(these are both located aft).

These configurations are also available on Voyager class. We booked a gty and were assigned a connecting balcony on Deck 9.

How many kids do you have? I looked into it when we were booking our cruise for next year. But each room only slept 2 and we have 3 kids.

Just two (ages 13 and 11). Thankfully I'm not needing to fit a third one into the mix! They are at the age where they want their independence but also aren't ready to be alone at night. I can't imagine having to try and fit 5 in one room. It would be spendy!

This configuration is a nice setup for families, depending on how many people are traveling. The Freedom has four connecting balcony/interior staterooms on Deck 9. I would book asap if you are interested:

Cat D1 (9520) & Cat F (9518)

Cat D1 (9220) & Cat F (9218)

(these are both located very forward, and I believe the D1s have a sofabed).

Cat D1 (9696) & Cat L (9701)

Cat D1 (9396) & Cat L (9401)

(these are both located aft).

These configurations are also available on Voyager class. We booked a gty and were assigned a connecting balcony on Deck 9.

I did call on these today and we were fortunate that there was one available and our travel agent (we found a new one) was great in securing it for us. However, they bumped up the category for the balcony room it was connected to (honestly I have no idea how they have so many categories of balcony cabins with the same square footage and set up). Anyway, it turns out that the price for 2 adjoining balcony rooms on deck 7 was only $90 more than the price of the balcony/interior connecting rooms on deck 9. We decided to go with the 2 balcony rooms since the price difference wasn't that much.

Carnival Legend an similar class ships have this configuration, it was perfect for our family of four. Two bathrooms, two TVs and a door between the rooms. Our DDs were 7 years old. My DH liked to take his nap in their room for the darkness while we went to the pool.

Just two (ages 13 and 11). Thankfully I'm not needing to fit a third one into the mix! They are at the age where they want their independence but also aren't ready to be alone at night. I can't imagine having to try and fit 5 in one room. It would be spendy!

Yeah, that 3rd kid really makes it a pain in the neck when travelling. LOL.

We were going to book a connectin OV/balcony on Independence. But I ended up booking Family OV 8500 for $1200 less. It has 3 separate areas with doors so everyone can have a bit of privacy. Hopefully we won't miss having a balcony too much.