First time cruiser - help please ?

Captain Noodles

Hi,

I've considered a cruise a few times in the past but never quite got to the booking stage. However, our kids are getting older and it seems like the perfect time for my wife and I to give it a try.

I am looking to book the Ultimate Carribean Cruise on Celebrity Equinox leaving from Fort Lauderdale in March. I am debating whether to book a C2 Concierge Class or an A2 Aqua Class suite. The prices for both are very similar. I have no idea what the best cabin location would be and would really appreciate any advice ? Ideally, we would like a quiet cabin, balcony with an unobstructed view so we can sit, relax and watch the world go by.

Any help greatly appreciated.

We have been on that cruise and loved it. Had cabin in Aqua Class but didn't care for it as our friends were booked in concierge class and it was a hassle to change from Blu to the MDR. Otherwise, it was GREAT. We love Celebrity!! Here are some of the Aqua Class perks.

In addition, AquaClass® staterooms include:

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush bathrobes

Slippers

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

Hi,

I've considered a cruise a few times in the past but never quite got to the booking stage. However, our kids are getting older and it seems like the perfect time for my wife and I to give it a try.

I am looking to book the Ultimate Carribean Cruise on Celebrity Equinox leaving from Fort Lauderdale in March. I am debating whether to book a C2 Concierge Class or an A2 Aqua Class suite. The prices for both are very similar. I have no idea what the best cabin location would be and would really appreciate any advice ? Ideally, we would like a quiet cabin, balcony with an unobstructed view so we can sit, relax and watch the world go by.

Celebrity is a great choice. Look for a cabin with other cabins above and below it......you do not want a cabin under the disco for example. Also plan on going to FL a least a day ahead and spend the night in a hotel.

Celebrity is a great choice. Look for a cabin with other cabins above and below it......you do not want a cabin under the disco for example. Also plan on going to FL a least a day ahead and spend the night in a hotel.

The best cabins in Aqua Class are A2. The ones that are aft are under cabins. We were in 1636 and were 10 doors down from the elevator. Very quiet room.

We love that itinerary, did it the past two years. We book concierge on the resort deck (12). Steps from pool, elevator & stairs, one deck down from buffet. To us it is the perfect location. If there aren't pool loungers available we retreat to our balcony (peace & quiet). The cabins are under the carpeted portions of the buffet & we've never had noise. Enjoy! Good choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a thought - How old are your children? We love Celebrity, but there are many other ships that have MUCH more to offer children of all ages. While we like Celebrity and Princess, we find that CCL, RCCL, and NCL have so much more for DD10 to do. We find lots of things that we like as well.

We just did our first Celebrity cruise on the Solstice, and the ship was great. The grown up venues, like Molecular Bar and and Crush Martini, are stellar. The service everywhere was hands down, the best we have experienced.

I suggest a drink package as it is well worth it!

The hot glass show and lawn club are also great places to relax and enjoy yourself. We were in Alaska, so we did not use the pool area, or the Solarium, but those venues looked great.

We are "loyal to Royal", but we would do Celebrity again in a heart beat. This class of ship is fabulous. You will have a great time.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi,

Hope to see you on that cruise we will be on a B2B in that month. Any cabin is a good cabin on a cruise.. :)