Possible upgrade fairy???

joybaby

Sailing tomorrow on the Divina. There are balconies still available. Is there any chance for an upgrade (or perhaps an upsell) when I get there and how do I go about it?

Mike - I am picking you brain. I won't hold you to anything! :)

Joybaby

Sailing tomorrow on the Divina. There are balconies still available. Is there any chance for an upgrade (or perhaps an upsell) when I get there and how do I go about it?

Joybaby

Our cousins were offered an opportunity, before we sailed, to upgrade to the Yacht Club for $900.00, but I haven't heard of anyone ever doing this once they've arrived at The POM, though.

The check-in agents don't work for MSC so I'm not sure if they would have the ability to offer an upgrade, but it sure wouldn't hurt to at least inquire about it.:D

Edited by Mikesa1721

Our cousins were offered an opportunity, before we sailed, to upgrade to the Yacht Club for $900.00, but I haven't heard of anyone ever doing this once they've arrived at The POM, though.

The check-in agents don't work for MSC so I'm not sure if they would have the ability to offer an upgrade, but it sure wouldn't hurt to at least inquire about it.:D

I have never heard of it bef. Thanks.

Joybaby

As soon as you board go to guest services and they can help if there is anything available.

Wow that's weird that they didn't already.....we got upgraded 9 days out.....did you book any extra packages or excursions?....I'm just curious...because we did and so did our friends.....another guy purchased a drink voucher package and got upgraded to an oceanview....but people I know that purchased nothing have not been upgraded......

Yes, I have cruised 3 times bef. I was upgraded, just a sm. one. I am not complaining, but they have balconies open, and if I am a prev. cruiser, I don't get it.

Joy,,,I would try to do what Riclop suggested and go to guest services and see if they may be able to upgrade your room. On our sailing in August,,I know of 3 YC1 staterooms that were empty, there may have even been more. I would have figured MSC would have given someone a nice discount just to fill them,,but they just went unoccupied.

Joy,,,I would try to do what Riclop suggested and go to guest services and see if they may be able to upgrade your room. On our sailing in August,,I know of 3 YC1 staterooms that were empty, there may have even been more. I would have figured MSC would have given someone a nice discount just to fill them,,but they just went unoccupied.

thanks, Mike the TA :) Anything is good. Off to Miami @ 9. I will be in touch after the voyage. Just love this line.

Wow that's weird that they didn't already.....we got upgraded 9 days out.....did you book any extra packages or excursions?....I'm just curious...because we did and so did our friends.....another guy purchased a drink voucher package and got upgraded to an oceanview....but people I know that purchased nothing have not been upgraded......

Hope your right, just bought 6 escapes for our Oct 4th cruise. When u all going?

Hope your right, just bought 6 escapes for our Oct 4th cruise. When u all going?

We leave NEXT SATURDAY....yeah....can you tell I'm so excited.......would have loved to cruise with you guys again......maybe one day....:) Buying 6 escapes...wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy the premium package $399?...

Joy good luck I won't be on here next week to find out what happened because as you are getting off..........I'M GETTING ON.............:D....so please let us know today before you sail...........if you got upgraded...

Edited by Aussiegrlfl
Added something I forgot to write

We leave NEXT SATURDAY....yeah....can you tell I'm so excited.......would have loved to cruise with you guys again......maybe one day....:) Buying 6 escapes...wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy the premium package $399?...

Joy good luck I won't be on here next week to find out what happened because as you are getting off..........I'M GETTING ON.............:D....so please let us know today before you sail...........if you got upgraded...

That was for 2 Aussiegrl, Phyllis not drinking as much.

That was for 2 Aussiegrl, Phyllis not drinking as much.

No it's each, so that wouldn't work out for you, that is their policy that both people in the cabin need to purchase it, and in fact, all people in your party if you have linked reservations. Of course it is to stop people only buying one and sharing it with everyone.........pity there is so much dishonesty......oh well....RCCL lets only one person in the cabin buy the package....but Celebrity doesn't....and they are the same line.....

Say hi to Phyllis .....

No upgrade. I checked w/ guest serv. as soon as I got on - Sept.13. They said they were full, not true, they had 3600 px. Guess it would drive them crazy if they accommodated everyone.

Wonderful cruise.

I have read that Divina carries 3,502 passenger based on double occupancy (4,363 full capacity). So if there weren't a bunch of 3rd and 4th passengers or they had empty inside cabins only, the better cabins than yours may have been "full"

I have read that Divina carries 3,502 passenger based on double occupancy (4,363 full capacity). So if there weren't a bunch of 3rd and 4th passengers or they had empty inside cabins only, the better cabins than yours may have been "full"

It was all fine, I know they don't want to shuffle people around. I had an afternoon nap daily in the dark. Something that I never do at home. We had a wonderful time. This was my 3rd MSC cruise and third ship. Love this line.

It was all fine, I know they don't want to shuffle people around. I had an afternoon nap daily in the dark. Something that I never do at home. We had a wonderful time. This was my 3rd MSC cruise and third ship. Love this line.

Welcome home Joy!!! Hope you had a wonderful trip!!! Would love to know if you were able to upgrade your stateroom.:)

No it's each, so that wouldn't work out for you, that is their policy that both people in the cabin need to purchase it, and in fact, all people in your party if you have linked reservations. Of course it is to stop people only buying one and sharing it with everyone.........pity there is so much dishonesty......oh well....RCCL lets only one person in the cabin buy the package....but Celebrity doesn't....and they are the same line.....

Say hi to Phyllis .....

In the US, Celebrity DOES allow one passenger in the cabin to purchase the alcohol package.

Welcome home Joy!!! Hope you had a wonderful trip!!! Would love to know if you were able to upgrade your stateroom.:)

Nada. I only asked, they said NO. Our friends asked and they offered them an upsell of $1050 for the Yacht Club. :D

We had a great time.

Are you following the Bermuda thread???

Nada. I only asked, they said NO. Our friends asked and they offered them an upsell of $1050 for the Yacht Club. :D

We had a great time.

Are you following the Bermuda thread???

I think I mentioned before about our cousins being offered a Yacht Club suite for 900.00 before our sailing as well. Good to know you had a great time though!!! I'll be checking in on the Bermuda thread soon,,,been busy researching and planning our repo in October 2015.:)