Aft Mini-Suite - Emerald

SLCfirsttimer

We are sailing on the 11/30 Emerald Princess western Caribbean itinerary in a balcony (BD) cabin. In looking at the princess website, I see quite a few aft mini-suites available, most are in one large block. I am keeping an eye on them to see if the price comes down, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with those cabins. Is there anything that makes these less desireable or thoughts on why a block of them would still be available?

They are located on the Dolphin Deck if that is helpful.

Might be because all minis on Dolphin have uncovered balconies. The only other thing I can think of is more vibration aft?

We had an aft mini on Diamond and it was fine - other than the open balcony.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Might be because all minis on Dolphin have uncovered balconies. The only other thing I can think of is more vibration aft?

We had an aft mini on Diamond and it was fine - other than the open balcony.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your reply. Are people able to look down onto those balconies? Or is it more of not having shade on the balcony due to the lack of cover?

Thanks for your reply. Are people able to look down onto those balconies? Or is it more of not having shade on the balcony due to the lack of cover?

We love the minis on Princess but all of them on Dolphin deck have uncovered balconies. Yes, people above have a full view of your balcony and there is no cover for shade or protection from rain. The one time we stayed on Dolphin deck we also had a couple of days with soot falling onto our balcony and the furniture. I've always thought it was a bad design flaw to have premium rooms with an uncovered balcony. We always book the aft Emerald deck minis which have fully covered balconies.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Somewhat related question. Final payment is on Monday, does anyone know from past experience if there is a significant increase in cabins available due to people not making the full payment? I am interested in upgrading if possible, but am thinking waiting until after final payment might be wise if there is the possibility of more selection being available.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Somewhat related question. Final payment is on Monday, does anyone know from past experience if there is a significant increase in cabins available due to people not making the full payment? I am interested in upgrading if possible, but am thinking waiting until after final payment might be wise if there is the possibility of more selection being available.

Yes there are always changes at final with people not wanting to take the cruise or they can't hold it any longer. I say you would have the same chance regardless of whether you wait. Be careful though if you wait too long you may miss out on potential upgrades. Nobody knows for sure.

Yes there are always changes at final with people not wanting to take the cruise or they can't hold it any longer. I say you would have the same chance regardless of whether you wait. Be careful though if you wait too long you may miss out on potential upgrades. Nobody knows for sure.

Great, thank you again for the help. Will keep my eyes peeled to see what happens over the next few days.

We have had Dolphin deck mini for Hawaii (15 days). And yes, those above can look down on you, but as long as you aren't "putting on a show ;-) they will get bored quickly and look at the view rather than you.

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using Forums mobile app

Someone said she brought an umbrella and put it up over her balcony.

We have had Dolphin deck mini for Hawaii (15 days). And yes, those above can look down on you, but as long as you aren't "putting on a show ;-) they will get bored quickly and look at the view rather than you.

Keep in mind ... when they can look down and see me on Dolphin deck, I can look up and see them. Some either don't seem to realize this or they are exerbitionist. :D

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using Forums mobile app

:) No plans for any performances! Hopefully they would find the view more pleasant than looking at my bald spot.