Guys burger joint

ccdaniel2707

Definitely REAL beef, and YUMMY.

Just so you know, they either butter, or put mayonnaise on the buns, so if you don't want the bun too greasy, ask them for a bun without it.

I was not a fan of the fries, at all, but DH and DD LOVE them.

Enjoy!!!!

Anyone tried these burgers? Is it "real" beef, as in, not McDonalds type meat! :eek::D

It is real ground chuck hand pressed into patties. The fries are not very good IMO though because they are thick and undercooked as in soggy. I grab the potato sticks off the toppings bar instead. The burgers are great though and when you put your fav toppings on at the toppings bar, they are even better. Try the Chipotle Mayo and Guy's BBQ sauce. If you want to shave a few carbs, just remove the top of the bun.

We had Guy's for the first time last cruise. Hubby loved it; I thought they were pretty greasy, and decadent when you add all you want bacon, etc. The buns were swimming in oil. I guess it depends on how you like your burger. I would rather eat at the burrito bar. The kids eat it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm certain that the burgers are "real" beef.

They are excellent.

After reading many reviews before our cruise on the Breeze last month, I decided that I had to try one, and it turned out that I had to have another, later, during our 8 days.

My only defense is that I didn't really finish either one. They may not be too healthy, but they're wonderful.

gary

On our cruise earlier this year, I saw them pushing a cart of huge tubes of ground beef towards Guys. It looked like what you would get at a warehouse club, only larger. They are definitely fresh!!

just because you saw those huge tubes doesn't mean that they weren't frozen at one time

What do you think is McDonalds type meat?

From what I've read, I am pretty sure that McDonalds is real 100% Argentine beef. I don't like them but it is not because of the type beef they use but because of the lack of proper seasoning and the way they are cooked. The meat has no flavor compared to the burgers I get at many other places.

I did enjoy the Guy's burgers.

The beef itself shouldn't be a concern, but with how they cook them, they can be very greasy / very fatty. Anyone worried about that shouldn't eat one. I tried a couple on the Breeze. I thought they were good, not great, a little bit better than the standard burgers they used to have. But I don't eat too many burgers regularly. They are better than the standard fast food burgers, but a far cry from Fuddruckers, IMO. I prefer the classic skinny fries to the thick fries that Guys has, but that's also a subjective opinion.

Edited by k2excursion

I'm in the minority because I rarely eat beef burgers, I find they're too heavy. I prefer turkey. Having said that, I may visit Guy's to try one since they have such a large variety of toppings. I've heard a lot of pros and cons about their fries so I may try them as well. I do wish they had turkey burgers though....:)

• 2 weeks later...