Can anyone tell me about H4 16003 on the Epic

suspaul

Sailing soon for the first time on NCL and have booked the above cabin, anyone want to tell me about their experience with this cabin? We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary so hoped to make this a special cruise. Thanks for any input.

16003 is a two-bedroom suite overlooking the bow of the ship. The master bedroom is tucked back into an alcove, however, it faces a large picture window that is located over the tub in the bathroom. The bathroom is well appointed with the signature shower window. The commode is enclosed in glass but is quite visible to anyone else who may be in the bathroom. There is a vanity table with mirror between the bedroom and bath.

The living room is separated by a pocket door from the bedroom/bathroom. The three courtyard villas that overlook the bow are actually a bit wider than the villas down each side of the ship so you will have more room in the living room area. It contains a small sofa and a chair. There is also a small round table with four chairs which is wonderful for eating breakfast in the morning. There is a corner counter that holds the coffee machine.

The second bedroom is off the living room and is quite small, however, there is a second bathroom attached. We found this bathroom to be very useful when trying to get ready at the same time. My DH could shower in there while I used the main bathroom. Also, this small bathroom comes in very handy if you are requiring more privacy than is accorded with all the glass in the main bath.

The balcony is 'enclosed' in glass from floor to ceiling. There is a sliding window that can be opened to let fresh air in. This glass is actually very useful as it prevents the balcony from being unusable due to wind while at sea. You will need to make the effort to make sure the window is fully closed as there will be whistling from wind if not.

This may or may not be the info you were looking for however I tried to give you some detail so you'll know what to expect. Overall this cabin has a great deal of light because of the three windows in the bath as well as the balcony off the living room. I think you will both be very pleased with this cabin and with the butler and concierge service. The Haven is truly a ship within a ship and hopefully your experience will be one to remember.

Happy anniversary to you both!

Edited by tarps14

I stayed in 16001 which may be the next door neighbor because 16001 is a forward solarium 2 bedroom too. These suites are some of the most colorful cruise cabins at sea. Reds with dark wood finish. The master bathroom is a wow factor with giant tub facing forward to a wall of glass to the sea. The shower is incredible with its own glass wall to the sea and of course double sinks. Nice sized living room and dining area with art on the wall. The second bedroom is a good size with its own full bathroom.

These suites are amazing! I liked the solarium and being forward. It was like and extra room to relax with no wind. Being forward like that made you feel like you are on your own private yacht with the water coming right at you.

ENJOY

:)

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply. Loved the description, of course I've seen the photos and somewhat know what to expect but it's nice having first hand info, I was a bit concerned about not having an open balcony but the solarium type is growing on me and in reading your posts I think it will be perfect.

Hoping this cabin doesn't spoil us for future cruising. Have always been more than pleased with a balcony but with all aspects of The Haven, hmmmmm.

Thanks again and for the well wishes.

I really thought I was going to dislike the Solarium, not connection to the outside, didn't seem right to me. Boy, was I wrong. I loved it. The weather wasn't the best on our cruise, showers off and on, on all the sea days. The solarium become our Haven, no pun intended. You could open the windows to get some sea air, but stay nice and dry and watch the world go by. It was so peaceful.

I 2nd checking the locks on the windows. They were a little tricky closing. If they weren't shut all the way, you get the whistle of the wind.

Thanks for the heads up Disney1992. At first I too questioned the solarium balcony, even called and NCL swears it's an open balcony but after googling the cabin itself you can clearly see the difference. I think we'll love it too. So excited!

My wife and I stayed in 16003 on the last T/A Epic did and loved it! Didn't want to leave and I apologize for the scratch marks on the door when security had to drag me out kicking and screaming at the end of the cruise. :)

If you want a specific photo or additional information let me know.