CLASSIC alcoholic beverage package experience, please

texasgirl29

We had the classic package on our recent reflection cruise and it wAs sufficient for our needs. Important to note that if things aren't on the bar menu within the price range they often available if you ask for them or the waiters suggest alternatives. I predominantly drink New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and was able to get it in all the bars we used within the Classic package.

We were on the Eclipse out of Southampton, the end of August and the first of September. Another cruiser advised to go directly to guest relations and obtain a copy of the Classic Alcohol list. I did and carried it in my pocket everywhere, every day. We had to pay a little more to upgrade our stateroom and receive the package as a perk, but it was well worth it. I was able to have Glenfiddich Scotch, which I would never have ordered without a package. My list is a "little" worn but I have attached a copy. I think the $15 in the upper RH corner of page two would have been the cost to upgrade, but I did not ask. Hope the list is useful.

Classic Alcohol Drinks Package from Eclipse.pdf

Sailed in June and we recieved the classic package as a free perk. Since we were on an 11 night cruise - we felt it was too pricey for us to upgrade. Unless you are very particular on the type of wine and want to drink mostly Martinis and drinks at that Molecular Bar, you'll be fine. I liked the mojitos, frozen drinks, specialty coffee drinks, bottled water any time, even the "fruity" non alcoholic sodas and smoothies. There were a few whites, reds, and sparkling wines to choose from. I was always able to find something I liked. You can have regular martini and apple martini at the Martini Bar.

If you want to try something - just ask the bartender and let them know you have a classic package and they can make suggestions.

It was very nice not having to worry about receipts and I do feel we definately tried and drank more drinks since we had the package. We found it really nice to just be able to grab bottled waters and enjoy nicer coffees at Cafe Al Bacio.

Hi! Where can one pick up bottled water other than when leaving the ship in port and at the Cafe Baccio? Thanks, Stuart.

Hi! Where can one pick up bottled water other than when leaving the ship in port and at the Cafe Baccio? Thanks, Stuart.

Any bar or lounge can provide the bottled water. If we were heading back to our stateroom the most convenient places, depending on where we were coming from, included Café al Bacio, buffet bar, Mast bar or passport bar (or Rendezvous bar on M class).

Edited by Lsimon

We were on the Eclipse out of Southampton, the end of August and the first of September. Another cruiser advised to go directly to guest relations and obtain a copy of the Classic Alcohol list. I did and carried it in my pocket everywhere, every day. We had to pay a little more to upgrade our stateroom and receive the package as a perk, but it was well worth it. I was able to have Glenfiddich Scotch, which I would never have ordered without a package. My list is a "little" worn but I have attached a copy. I think the $15 in the upper RH corner of page two would have been the cost to upgrade, but I did not ask. Hope the list is useful.

I notice on this list the limit is $7 for the beers.

On my list I have from Celebrity it says that it is $6 for a beer.

The list I have is from May this year.

Is it now $7?

I notice on this list the limit is $7 for the beers.

On my list I have from Celebrity it says that it is $6 for a beer.

The list I have is from May this year.

Is it now $7?

On Celebrity's Eclipse, and certain other, sailings from the UK the menu prices of all beverages are increased to include the 15% service charge rather that before the 15% service charge and the package limits are increased accordingly. The post you are referring to said they sailed out of Southampton so this definitely would have been the case on their cruise. Unless your cruise was also out of the UK this would account for the difference.

Agree 100% with LSIMON when he said:

On Celebrity's Eclipse, and certain other, sailings from the UK the menu prices of all beverages are increased to include the 15% service charge rather that before the 15% service charge and the package limits are increased accordingly. The post you are referring to said they sailed out of Southampton so this definitely would have been the case on their cruise. Unless your cruise was also out of the UK this would account for the difference.

BOTH of the following posts:

Wow that list must have taken forever! Excellent work. The wine in particular has increased quite a bit. Here is the current price list for wines by the glass showing whats covered by the classic/premium package.

beca21f060b514db2868ce6314902fa9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=325157&d=1410712645

Show examples where prices are significantly higher because the cruises were out of the UK where the 15% Grats per item is listed in the shown cost... And not seperately (as is the case in the NA, where things are listed before Grats & Taxes)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

My list is a "little" worn but I have attached a copy. Hope the list is useful.

VERY USEFUL. Exactly what I've been looking for -- a list of cocktails! I think I'll just work my way down the list of the frozen drinks, cocktails and specialty coffees!

JoAnn

A bit cheeky, but do you know if you can upgrade to premium package on the last day or two, only to take in delights of the molecular/martini bar?

Thanks,

Shilu

No you can't. They cut off sales around 3 nights before the end of the cruise. If you want it just for the tail end then find out the exact cut off day once you are on board.