World Cruise

easytiger

In 5 years, my DH retires and our plan is to live on a cruise ship(s) for the first year. Jewel looks like a good candidate for the majority of the time.

However, being a computer programmer by both profession and hobby, he is writing a program that will scrape all the rccl cruise data to see how far we can get on b2b2b2b2b2bs given varying start dates.

I was looking through the cruise dates the old fashioned way and it seems to me that if you time everything just right, you could probably do a fair job of getting mostly around the around. I'm looking to see what his program (which has been growing in scope and purpose) will come up with.

I've chatted with a few folks in the DL and/or CL that said, the only way they've come close to a world cruise on Royal is as the previous poster mentioned, b2b2b2b2b2b2b.

Royal doesn't necessarily do World Cruises, but starting some time in late spring 2015 (May, I think) the Quantum of the Seas is doing a 53(?) day repo from Cape Liberty, NJ to Shanghai. I think you can call Royal and book all 53 days at once, or there are about 5 or so cruises (that make up the 53 days) that you can book individually.

Hi Does anyone know if RCI ever do world cruises or have done so in the past?

That's not really their market. You generally won't find world cruises in the mainstream cruise lines. They tend to be offered on higher end lines.

If you want to live on a ship, take a look at the "World" residencies start at $875k

Guaranteed to be at sea all year, and it cruises everywhere in the world 365 days of the year.

http://aboardtheworld.com/journey

Thanks. I *am* aware of them. They're just not my cup of tea...at the moment. I continue to like RCCL's product and don't see that changing terribly soon.

Right now, I just hope to make it through for another 5 years (there's nothing to say it won't happen, but every now and again my sanity and I discuss its continuing presence).

Actually, back in 1998 - 2000 RCCL had "Royal Journeys", which were longer b2b itineraries that went almost around the world. I kept the brochure for a long time, because it was gorgeous, but tossed it a few years ago.

The problem with RCCL is their standard cruises are iterative, not repositioning. It's the repositioning cruises that take you to further ports: Vancourver to Hawaii to Sydney; Sydney to Singapore; Singapore to Dubai, etc.

Princess and HAL still offer connecting cruises that go around the world.

They've never done a round the world cruise. When we finish our next cruise, Singapore to Dubai, we'll have sailed around the world. It's just taken us a few years, lol.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We recently finished doing the same thing! 4 cruises in 3 1/2 years. 138 days total, loved every minute

We would love for Royal to do a world cruise ... doubt they ever will ... but we'd be on it if they did

Royal doesn't necessarily do World Cruises, but starting some time in late spring 2015 (May, I think) the Quantum of the Seas is doing a 53(?) day repo from Cape Liberty, NJ to Shanghai. I think you can call Royal and book all 53 days at once, or there are about 5 or so cruises (that make up the 53 days) that you can book individually.

Yes, and they are calling it a Global Odyssey. ;)