What items do you bring on a cruise "just in case"?

denmarks

Duck Tape - I have used it every single cruise - especially when they open my coke boxes to check them - I have it on my arm as I check in. Taped up mine and a few others that were losing their cokes on the way to the ship.

and I have fixed a suitcase and use it on the luggage tags on the way back

Cough Drops, Sinus meds and sea sick pills - have used every time

And bath room spray - Never leave with out it

I forgot about the bathroom spray. That lives in my makeup case as well. Yankee Candle about the size if a Sharpie and will last through 2+ cruises.

Duck Tape - I have used it every single cruise - especially when they open my coke boxes to check them - I have it on my arm as I check in. Taped up mine and a few others that were losing their cokes on the way to the ship.

and I have fixed a suitcase and use it on the luggage tags on the way back

Cough Drops, Sinus meds and sea sick pills - have used every time

And bath room spray - Never leave with out it

Funny--duct tape is probably the one thing in my 'what if' bag that I have never used--have used almost everything else. I had decided not to bring it anymore, but maybe I should rethink that.

• Cruise to Hawaii: glasses fell apart (lost screw) on an excursion. I now bring a repair kit. (It's, what, 1/4" square x2" long, tops)
  • Motorcycle ride, local: lens fell out of glasses. I now bring a spare pair.
  • British Isles cruise, Mexico cruise, Mediterranean cruise: sudden wicked bad colds. I now bring some Dayquil, Nyquil (caps) and Cold-Eze (to hopefully catch it early).
  • Just about any trip with walking: suddenly shoes that were super comfy decide to create hot spots and/or blisters. I now pack moleskin and tiny scissors.
  • At the least opportune times possible: a dental crown or cap has come off. Into the bag goes the miniscule emergency repair kit.

I don't consider meds for motion sickness, or a few extra days of prescription medication as just-in-case. That's a necessity.