where to send complaint

shoppers11

The price per person has gone up 300 per person so to cancel & rebook would cost me more than what the obc & excursion credit would be worth. I just wanted to get as much for free as possible to have the best time possible.

So to have the best time possible, you want free stuff?????? Hmmmmmmm. Doesn't make sense since you booked the cruise without the free stuff. Sounds more like greed to me.

Edited by LoveThisCruisingThing

Princess, as a sales promotion, has raised the price and included some extras. I don't blame them for not allowing people to pick part of the original deal (the price) and part of the new deal (the goodies). I don't even see where you have a complaint. Be glad you beat the price increase.

Pia, you'll have to let us know how you liked Carnival when you get back.

LOL. Talk about changing a subject and going off topic. ;) We needed this quick getaway and also to see if we are ready to cruise again. I'm going to love the sofa in our balcony cabin, something Princess does not give us. :( And, having been on 10+ Carnival cruises I know what to expect. Sort of. :)

The price per person has gone up 300 per person so to cancel & rebook would cost me more than what the obc & excursion credit would be worth. I just wanted to get as much for free as possible to have the best time possible.
It does not sound like you have a legitimate complaint and the attitude expressed in your final sentence does not make you an attractive customer for any business.

Princess, as a sales promotion, has raised the price and included some extras. I don't blame them for not allowing people to pick part of the original deal (the price) and part of the new deal (the goodies). I don't even see where you have a complaint. Be glad you beat the price increase.

It does not sound like you have a legitimate complaint and the attitude expressed in your final sentence does not make you an attractive customer for any business.

Like the above posters....I do not see where you have any complaint. You COULD cancel and rebook at the prices of the 3 for FREE sale and you'd get the perks. Why in the world would you expect Princess to give you the perks of the sale but allow you to keep your cheaper price. That is NOT what the sale is. YOU can't make up your own sale. My goodness........SMH.

Can you say pot stirrer?

Sometimes you are very astute.

Astute and to say what so many of us are thinking. ;)

Everyone wants the best price but it's unreasonable to expect to get the best parts from different promotions & then to "complain" expecting Princess to change the rules for them. :eek: :rolleyes:

A major reason why once we book a cruise, I don't go checking to see what specials are being given to entice new bookings. The one time I saw an article in the Captains Quarterly that those on holiday cruisings were being given some amenities (free bottle of champagne, free photo), and couldn't find any small print disclaimer saying that it was for new bookings, I contacted Princess. The CSR didn't know anything about it, even though I even gave her the page number and issue number. I sent copies via snail mail (I may have even scanned in the two pages that had the offer and emailed). Finally I got a reply that it was capacity controlled but they gave me the coupons in our cabin anyway (I guess someone realized they forgot the disclaimer).

Most likely the offer the OP is complaining about is for new bookings only. In which case, he/she will have to decide what's the most important thing. And whether it's worth it to pursue it.

Well here it is:

This offer applies to new bookings only, is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public or past guest discount. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars.

Well here it is:

This offer applies to new bookings only' date=' is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public or past guest discount. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars.[/quote']

BUT the customer is always right. And I want it all. :) Does someone have a bigger spoon to stir the pot.