Can you rent a tux on the ship?

After thinking that I was going to have a difficult time getting my normally "t-shirted" 11 yr old son to agree to "dress up" for the formal nights, he completely surprised me and asked if he could wear a tux!! icon_rolleyes.gif Go figure. He has a brand new double-breasted suit coat, and nice dress pants that he just wore for Easter, and he really loves them (which I am also in shock over) so he is really all set. But he's still hung up on the tux thing, and this weekend one of my relatives told me that I could rent him a tux on the ship. Is that true? If so, any idea of the cost?

Adventure of the Seas will be our maiden cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi, yes, you can rent a tux on board. I don't know the prices but if you click onto the Royal website there will probably be information.

I have spoken with several people who have done it before. Works out well for them. Less packing and you just return it when finishedicon_smile.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

You'll have to pre-order the tux. It will be delivered to you on the ship. I don't want you to misunderstand and think you could order it once you board the ship. It will be such a thrill for both of you to be all dressed up!!!

Of course he likes the white dinner jacket one. Again - go figure! ( I'd like to know who has inhabited my son's body! )

The price is a bit steeper than I had hoped though. I'll have to ponder on that a bit!

Adventure of the Seas will be our maiden cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

A budding clothes horse!!!

Looks like you are still months away from your cruise. At his age, I wouldn't get him fitted more than a month before you sail. The local tux shop will do this gratis.

Your local tux rental shop should have a rate for cruising, since he will have it for longer than the typical weekend wedding customer. Typically it will be 1/2 again more than standard rates. The advantage is that if they got the size all wrong (all too common), they can fix the problem before you leave.

You could also check into buying something on EBay. Sometimes that will cost less than renting, and you can turn around and resell it back on EBay after the cruise. Or, if you might sail again before he grows out of it, he'll have another opportunity to wear it again at no extra cost. icon_wink.gif

Dan & Marlene

Us - NCL Norway 02/03

Her - NCL Southward 04/92

- Star Princess 05/95

- HAL Westerdam 09/96

Archived