Changing passengers.

Bethcb

I have 2 questions on upcoming cruise on dec 6. I made final payment. My husband and I are booked on a B2B cruise, 1 week each but booked as a 14 day cruise. My sister and husband are joining us on the second leg (both embark in Ft Lauderdale.) we both gphave princess platinum insurance.

My husband has a business meeting and cannot go on the first leg. Can I add my sister to my cabin on the first leg of the cruise, even though we booked it as a 14 day cruise?

Second question...if my sister does not travel with me, can we just cancel the first leg and get money back from insurance company for first half of the cruise and join the ship on dec 13 in Ft Lauderdale? Would we up have to cancel the 14 days and rebook the 7 or ??? Way less expensive to pay for half a 14 day cruise than a new 7 day booking.

I know the refund would be a credit to another cruise which is fine.

Thanks for your responses. I called Princess today. I cannot add my sister to my cabin for 7 days because its a 14 day cruise, however there is another solution. Since I am the primary name in the reservation, I can add my sister to my reservation and remove my husband. Then, her reservation must have her husband as the primary (done before 75 days prior to cruise), and then he just adds my husband on the 7 day. Once on board we switch room keys at the desk. They also moved the CCL Shareholder credit to my name so I get the $250 OBC for the 14 days. This switch cannot be done if the primary name on the reservation is not the person traveling. I am not sure what happens with our Princess insurance. I will ask them later.

Edited by Bethcb

Thanks for your responses. I called Princess today. I cannot add my sister to my cabin for 7 days because its a 14 day cruise, however there is another solution. Since I am the primary name in the reservation, I can add my sister to my reservation and remove my husband. Then, her reservation must have her husband as the primary (done before 75 days prior to cruise), and then he just adds my husband on the 7 day. Once on board we switch room keys at the desk. They also moved the CCL Shareholder credit to my name so I get the $250 OBC for the 14 days. This switch cannot be done if the primary name on the reservation is not the person traveling. I am not sure what happens with our Princess insurance. I will ask them later.

Who is on first? :eek: