Celebrity Select dining

slhw

Hi

We are first time Celebrity cruisers on Equinox next month. Can anyone give me tips on how best to operate select dining. Because my husband is deaf, we prefer a table for two but it is not essential.

Thanks

Sandie

You will have no problem getting a table for 2 on select dining.

You could either ask to make a reservation for a table for 2 for the same time each evening, or you could could just turn up at anytime during dining hours.

If you just turn up, you will be asked if you wish to dine alone or if you would be willing to share. If you ask to dine alone and there are no tables for 2 available immediately, they will take your name and stateroom number and ask you to have a drink and they will call you when your table is ready.

The longest we have had to wait is about 20 minutes, but we always go at the busiest time (8.00-8.30).

Hi

We are first time Celebrity cruisers on Equinox next month. Can anyone give me tips on how best to operate select dining. Because my husband is deaf, we prefer a table for two but it is not essential.

I have never had a problem getting a table for two but I will recommend to make table reservation - As soon as you are onboard go the reservation desk and make a reservation - I normally do reserve for the entire week - then you can always make changes to your reservation during the cruise.

Not having a reservation you will be in line and some passengers might have priorities in that waiting line.

I have a severe, progressive hearing impairment that regrettably has made it too hard to enjoy talking with other couples in the middle of a noisy dining room.

On our last Century cruise, we booked Select and the first night, my husband explained to the dining room host.

We were given a table for two that was perfect. It was against a wall in a corner, almost in a niche, so the acoustics were much improved for me. There was a window close by, so we also had the sea view. The waiters and wine steward were excellent. (And so was the food.)

The host asked if we wanted to reserve it for the remaining 14 nights and we did! We simply let them know if we'd be later or not using the Main DR some nights.

It was one of the best dining experiences we've ever had in more than 30 cruises. Select makes it possible to try out a location and easily alter if it's not suitable.

Edited by Caribbean Chris