Best Decks for Sunshine...?

happymoes

be careful with deck 2 too- do not take a cabin under the galley. They run that area 24 hours a day.

the dining room is carpeted so any cabin under that area will be great.

but with kids that age-- please take a balcony so you have some where to escape to while the kids are sleeping

6335 and back will be good-- cabins ablove and below are good choices

Thanks for the tip....I don't want to take a cabin under the galley. I'll look over the deck plans again. I will check and see if there's any balcony cabin left.

I just looked over the deck plans. We're thinking about a Sunshine cruise and I'm sticking with deck 1 just to make sure we're away from noisy areas. I'd love deck 7, but we're like you and need a room for five. Parts of decks 2 and 6 look okay, but I really value quiet.

BTW, don't let anyone tell you that you will hate sharing a room, must have a balcony, etc. It's totally depends on your family. We've shared a tiny inside and had a great time. More room than our tent, after all, and we were usually not in the room except to sleep and rest. Our youngest changed in the closet. :) Kids stay up later on cruises and you can take turns going upstairs at night if you have little ones. Camp Carnival is nice if you want alone time together. ;)

We may be on deck 1 as well due to the noise. I'm going to look over the deck plans again before I book the cruise.

I understand people prefer balcony and connecting rooms but I shared an inside cabin with four of my friends on a girls getaway trip last yr. We wasn't in our cabin much just shower and sleep. I'm sure that is what my family will do as well. The kids will stay up later than usual since they are on the fun ship. LOL....Oh yes, we will be utilizing Camp Carnival for the girls, and Club O for my teenager. Thanks for the tip.

How does adding rooms make it more confusing?

Sorry. I thought I explained it after that comment, but I guess I didn't do a very good job. The addition of rooms on deck 5 made some deck 6 rooms okay that are not okay on other ships. This is because the deck 6 rooms directly above the new deck 5 rooms now have staterooms both above & below, which make those rooms just fine. The addition of rooms to the forward of deck 3 did the same thing to deck 2 rooms. With the Sunshine, we cannot just say, "Deck 6 is noisy in many spots; don't book there." We can say that on other ships of this style, but not with Sunshine. We now have to go into lengthy descriptions as to what rooms on deck 6 are fine and which ones are bad or risky. The addition of rooms and other things on higher decks also make that quite tricky, as some rooms on a deck will be fine while others nearby are not. It's not nearly this complex on any other Carnival ship.

For the highly experienced cruiser that knows Carnival ships inside & out, these differences are quite easy. For the less frequent cruiser or newbies, this can make things confusing. It doesn't correlate with all the other room selection advice they've read about for Carnival ships. This was certainly the case for the OP. Saying that it's confusing was a warning to the OP that there are some very unusual differences with this ship that aren't true of other Carnival ships. And then I explained it, or I guess I only tried to explain it. Hopefully, I did a better job here.

Edited by k2excursion

Hi,

For the first time.. I've book an aft extended balcony. The more I think about it.. the more I'm concerned that the view won't really that great.. like.. when we pull into or out of port, etc. Am I over thinking this? Anyone have any experience with these types of rooms? Oh, and sounds like I decided on a good floor :D

Hi,

For the first time.. I've book an aft extended balcony. The more I think about it.. the more I'm concerned that the view won't really that great.. like.. when we pull into or out of port, etc. Am I over thinking this? Anyone have any experience with these types of rooms? Oh, and sounds like I decided on a good floor :D

yes, you are over thinking this. Your view will be mostly water during your cruise.

in ports-- sometimes you back in-- which the view will be great= other times the ship will pull in and your view will be the water.

We are on deck 8 interior right under the pool. I have read that some folks can hear the chairs being moved around at night - sometimes at 3am. Has anyone stayed in those rooms and experienced it? Was it disrupting?

Thnx!

~Rachel

Sorry. I thought I explained it after that comment, but I guess I didn't do a very good job. The addition of rooms on deck 5 made some deck 6 rooms okay that are not okay on other ships. This is because the deck 6 rooms directly above the new deck 5 rooms now have staterooms both above & below, which make those rooms just fine. The addition of rooms to the forward of deck 3 did the same thing to deck 2 rooms. With the Sunshine, we cannot just say, "Deck 6 is noisy in many spots; don't book there." We can say that on other ships of this style, but not with Sunshine. We now have to go into lengthy descriptions as to what rooms on deck 6 are fine and which ones are bad or risky. The addition of rooms and other things on higher decks also make that quite tricky, as some rooms on a deck will be fine while others nearby are not. It's not nearly this complex on any other Carnival ship.

For the highly experienced cruiser that knows Carnival ships inside & out, these differences are quite easy. For the less frequent cruiser or newbies, this can make things confusing. It doesn't correlate with all the other room selection advice they've read about for Carnival ships. This was certainly the case for the OP. Saying that it's confusing was a warning to the OP that there are some very unusual differences with this ship that aren't true of other Carnival ships. And then I explained it, or I guess I only tried to explain it. Hopefully, I did a better job here.

Thanks.

We are on deck 8 interior right under the pool. I have read that some folks can hear the chairs being moved around at night - sometimes at 3am. Has anyone stayed in those rooms and experienced it? Was it disrupting?

Thnx!

~Rachel

I can't help you about that room, but I can tell you that I was up on decks sone nights around 3 am to 4 am and they were hard at work stacking chairs. We also had some very bad winds that cruise too, so they may have had to move them around more than normal.

I will second the idea of being careful about forward deck 6. We had a interior room about four rooms forward from forward elevators......we were actually right over the nightclub/theatre sound system. No joke, I could sing along with the songs (I did the YMCA at midnight on my bed) and could hear everyword the cruise director said at the late shows! I spent most of the cruise sleeping during the day in the spa loungers.

Edited by QTPie68

Hi,

We booked our first aft wrap premium vista balcony. I'm sure it will be great. Something different, that's for certain. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app