Future Cruise Credit ?

kaerofan

My last cruise I bought 2 FCC, one for myself and one for my 12 year old daughter. I'm thinking of doing a last minute cruise solo and was wondering if I could use both credits (I probably won't cruise again before they expire). Would they allow me to use both since I bought them but one's in my daughter's name?

My last cruise I bought 2 FCC, one for myself and one for my 12 year old daughter. I'm thinking of doing a last minute cruise solo and was wondering if I could use both credits (I probably won't cruise again before they expire). Would they allow me to use both since I bought them but one's in my daughter's name?

No the person thats named on the fcc must cruise.

Just ask for hers to be refunded.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 2 months later...
My last cruise I bought 2 FCC, (I probably won't cruise again before they expire).

Then you are going to be in a bad mood when you do book a cruise for you and your daughter and you dont have any FCC's to reduce your deposit AND give you extra OBC.

Replace your FCC when you cruise next without your daughter and call in before hers expires to have it extended for another two years. The first time you book a Back to Back cruise you are going to realize that you should have had more than one each as well!

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

• 1 month later...

Perhaps someone who knows more about F.C.C.'s can help me. We bought 2 F.C.C's in March last year in U.S. dollars as we are able to book in the U.S. having booked with the same T.A. for a number of years.

Unfortunately, our dollar has dropped against the U.S. dollar and at the moment it is not worthwhile for us to book in the U.S. using U.S. dollars. We are at the moment booking with Princess in Australia but cannot use our F.C.C.'s as they are in U.S. dollars.

My question is, can I ask Princess in the U.S. to refund the money that we paid for those 2 F.C.C.'s back to our credit card before the 2 years is up? We have another year to go before they run out.

Jennie

I believe that you can BUT, have you considered seeing if they will convert them? We an get Canadian or US$ FCC's converted back and forth if needed. They actually do it by refunding to your credit card and then re billing it in the other currency all at once. You US$ deposits have made you money on exchange! Our Canadian $ is on the same slide :(

Terry

Yes, AE Collector is correct - we've done this with $Aust to US/UK/NZ/European cruises. As you know, it's acting as your deposit to secure booking. When completing the form on board, we tick the currency we wish to be deducted from credit card - makes no diffrence when depositing any country's voyage. Happy New Year. Mario & Rose

I believe that you can BUT, have you considered seeing if they will convert them? We an get Canadian or US$ FCC's converted back and forth if needed. They actually do it by refunding to your credit card and then re billing it in the other currency all at once. You US$ deposits have made you money on exchange! Our Canadian $ is on the same slide :(

Terry

Terry,

Thanks so much for your advice. I will phone Princess Head Office tomorrow and see ig they will reissue them in Aussie dollars and if they won't then I will ask for them to be credited back to us as I cannot see our dollar moving up in the near future.

Jennie

Paul,

We are both fine. We will be on the little Ocean Princess in April, doing the cruise that you did a few years ago, Singapore to Cape Town. We are looking forward to it very much.

We are off on Celebrity's Solstice next week for a short 9 day cruise to Vanuatu and New Caledonia. Just a "pick me up" after Christmas and New Year.

Our love to you and Jeannie.

Jennie

Terry and Paul,

I phoned Princess here in Australia this morning (I had tried Princess in the U.S. but the line was terrible) and the F.C.C's are being credited back to our credit card. Unfortunately, we couldn't get them converted over to Aussie Dollars but that isn't a worry. I am just happy that they weren't being wasted. Apparently it can take up to 3 weeks.

Jennie

It could be that they would convert them if you were booking a cruise in Australian $ and wanted to use them right then and there. Maybe they wont convert them just in case you want them in the future because maybe in the future you need them in US$ and are calling to have them converted back again.

Terry

It could be that they would convert them if you were booking a cruise in Australian $ and wanted to use them right then and there. Maybe they wont convert them just in case you want them in the future because maybe in the future you need them in US$ and are calling to have them converted back again.

Terry

We have two cruises that we booked with Princess here in Australia and I did ask about using those F.C.C.'s when we booked originally but they said no they had to be used when we booked in the U.S. Apparently, it just doesn't work like that for us down here. That is why I decided to get them put back on to the credit card.

Anyhow, we are on a cruise on the Ocean Princess in April and I will buy a couple more, this time in Aussie dollars. :)

Jennie

I would just to like to say a big thank you to Princess. Yesterday, when I asked for the refund for our two F.C.C.'s I was told it would take 3 weeks before the credit was back on our Amex card.

Today, when I went into our Amex account, the two credits were there and that was after we had spoken to an Australian Princess Agent who then had to phone the Head Office, so thank you Princess, once again you have come up trumps for us.

Jennie