2015 flight recommendation

bedford5

We are booked on radiance southbound Alaska cruise august 14, 2015. Wanting to fly in a couple days early. Flights just released for the start of our trip, but it's another week before we can book our return flight. So, question is, Is it better to book 1 way ticket for each way? Or wait and book multicity flights next week? Which will save us the most money? Nice price for flight to anchorage 1 way... Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on radiance southbound Alaska cruise august 14, 2015. Wanting to fly in a couple days early. Flights just released for the start of our trip, but it's another week before we can book our return flight. So, question is, Is it better to book 1 way ticket for each way? Or wait and book multicity flights next week? Which will save us the most money? Nice price for flight to anchorage 1 way... Thanks for any input.

Which will "save" you the most money, is only going to be known in hindsight. IF the rate is good now, no guarantee it will stay that way next week, alternatively, rates could drop.

So the guessing game, is up to you.

Thank you for your answer! Honored to have you respond, I just read your Alaska review today! Great information! Thank you for sharing! After researching earlier dates and comparing one way and multi destination we reserved the one way ticket to anchorage and we'll wait and book the return later! Whatever the outcome, it's OK.... We're going to Alaska!!

By one way and try using Credit card points. I didn't even know my visa had 40,000 points- that equals 1 free ticket!

If you get an airline credit card- they give you points- could be another free ticket? I found that last October was the cheapest flights for May trip.

Keep watch with Kayak.com or other tracking sites.

Have a great time!

We are going at the end of May 2015....been checking flights for about a month now. One way to Fairbanks was $439 now it is $519. I found flight for $414 but has 4 stops....not sure if I should wait and see if better flights come down in October now....

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You don't mention where you are flying from but check all of your options - including other departure cities near where you live. Also, I have found that a one way flight from SEA to ANC added to RT Seattle flights comes out cheaper. Fairbanks may the same. Alaska Air has many flights leaving at all times of the day and other airlines are competitive when they run fares sales. If sailing southbound you may need to transfer back to SEA though and probably overnight. Still might be your best bet.

For 2015 I was able to get Tampa to ANC and directly home from Vancouver for only about $50 more than going back through to SEA, so it worked out well. But I was prepared to do the RT SEA with add ons. It is best to know what is a sale price so start monitoring dailiy (if possible) so you recognize a good price when you see it.

I have often found it better to do the 1 way's..even using different carriers for my Northbound Alaska cruises here from the west coast...best of luck.