QUANTUM Online Check-In Updated!

eroller

Nope that is not it. I'm on the same sailing and I was able to pick a time. FYI I'm making all my own arrangements of getting to the ship, not using any RCI air or transfers so that may have something to do with it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Nope that is not it, I made all my own arrangements for getting to the ship...RCCL not involved in that at all.

Nope that is not it, I made all my own arrangements for getting to the ship...RCCL not involved in that at all.

Me too. Maybe its our departures that are affecting the check-in system? I've booked transport from Cape Liberty to airport. Liz? You have an excursion/transport to airport?

Me too. Maybe its our departures that are affecting the check-in system? I've booked transport from Cape Liberty to airport. Liz? You have an excursion/transport to airport?

I have my flight home from EWR booked through Choice Air. I haven't as yet booked my excursion to EWR (will do it on the ship).

Oh wait...neither of us lives in the US...so something to do with our home addresses maybe ?

I have my flight home from EWR booked through Choice Air. I haven't as yet booked my excursion to EWR (will do it on the ship).

Oh wait...neither of us lives in the US...so something to do with our home addresses maybe ?

And we both like Minions. Who knows.

I emailed RCI and asked them about the issue.

I don't think the address is the problem since mine is US. I've uploaded pictures and completed the process for both 11/2 and 11/23 cruises. There are no differences in my arrival or departure methods for either cruise except I was able to select the 10:30 - 11:00 AM arrival for the 11/23 cruise and nothing for 11/2. I can't see any differences even when I go line by line. It just isn't an option on my 11/2 on-line form.

Bob

I checked in on-line yesterday for the 11/2 Maiden Transatlantic. Mine is a UK booking. I was able to upload photos and select a boarding time (11:30-12noon); and select a debarkation time (9am I think). I have printed off the Sail Passes, but it shows the Cruise Documentation as "Status: Not Issued" - is this normal?

Also, where can one order the personalised baggage tags? I can't find a link anywhere.

I checked in on-line yesterday for the 11/2 Maiden Transatlantic. Mine is a UK booking. I was able to upload photos and select a boarding time (11:30-12noon); and select a debarkation time (9am I think). I have printed off the Sail Passes, but it shows the Cruise Documentation as "Status: Not Issued" - is this normal?

Also, where can one order the personalised baggage tags? I can't find a link anywhere.

In the US our Cruise Documentation has already been issued. Your status will change to "issued" once you are able to access your eDocs and baggage tags. In the US we have a link to order personalized baggage tags that are mailed to us and this link only appears after cruise docs have been issued. I'm not sure there is that option in the UK? You might just have to print them off. I'm guessing your Cruise Documentation will be available to you any day now.

Glad to hear that I am not the only one that is unable to upload the photos.

On our last cruise, there was no waiting to board the ship. There was the priority security scan for suites but once you were through the line and did the counter check in, you went right on board the ship. Really nice!

It makes sense...the only thing open when we boarded was the bar! Windjammer was not open, staterooms were not available. The bar was crowded and also the table for the Beverage Packages had a line. If the passengers were seated in the terminal, there would have no revenue at that point in time.

Joy,

I was able to upload my photo today. Now I am all checked in.

If I could just book Starwater, we would be set.

We are not able to see (or pick) boarding appointment. Ours is a US booking directly through RCL, we had completed the checkin earlier. 11/2 sailing. I can upload the pictures and enter credit card info but not pick boarding appointment. Our edocs are not ready yet. (I wonder if this is part of the issue?)

I'll keep trying. If it doesn't work soon, I will call RCL to have them set it for me.

We are not able to see (or pick) boarding appointment. Ours is a US booking directly through RCL, we had completed the checkin earlier. 11/2 sailing. I can upload the pictures and enter credit card info but not pick boarding appointment. Our edocs are not ready yet. (I wonder if this is part of the issue?)

I'll keep trying. If it doesn't work soon, I will call RCL to have them set it for me.

I and a few others cannot not pick boarding appointment in the 'Travel Plans' section as well. It's not even on the 4th page of Part 1 "Guest information". My eDocs are ready, so that isn't the issue.

I emailed RCI and the agent wrote back:

Guests participating in our air/sea program, cruise only transfers or pre-hotel program will NOT be asked to select an arrival appointment. Since we will be handling their arrival at the pier, we will not be asking these guests to select an arrival appointment, nor will an arrival appointment appear on their SetSail Pass. All guests arriving by independent means (car, taxi, drop-off, etc.) will schedule an arrival appointment as a required part of the process.

I wrote back that I am arriving by independent means (walking to the port yards away from the hotel in Southampton). So the online check-in should allow me to schedule an arrival appointment as a required part of the process.

I am waiting to hear back tomorrow.

Also, someone on Facebook mentioned that they were told by an agent that RCI is rolling out access to the 'Travel Plans' section in groups. Really?

I and a few others cannot not pick boarding appointment in the 'Travel Plans' section as well. It's not even on the 4th page of Part 1 "Guest information". My eDocs are ready, so that isn't the issue.

I emailed RCI and the agent wrote back:

Guests participating in our air/sea program, cruise only transfers or pre-hotel program will NOT be asked to select an arrival appointment. Since we will be handling their arrival at the pier, we will not be asking these guests to select an arrival appointment, nor will an arrival appointment appear on their SetSail Pass. All guests arriving by independent means (car, taxi, drop-off, etc.) will schedule an arrival appointment as a required part of the process.

I wrote back that I am arriving by independent means (walking to the port yards away from the hotel in Southampton). So the online check-in should allow me to schedule an arrival appointment as a required part of the process.

I am waiting to hear back tomorrow.

Also, someone on Facebook mentioned that they were told by an agent that RCI is rolling out access to the 'Travel Plans' section in groups. Really?

We are using Choice Air but fly in 3 days early. It will be interesting to hear their response to you. Please post what you hear.

This is so frustrating for the 11/2 sailing. Final payment made weeks ago. All info & photo uploaded. No appointment time section, so no appointment time on SeaPass. Edoc still not issued.

Yes, we are flying AirChoice from the US, but a day early, so RCI has nothing to do with getting us to the port. We are in a suite and have boarding group A--am I to assume that we show up as usual whenever we wish? Lloyd, I hope your information can end the frustration with RCI in the USA! Kirsten

This is so frustrating for the 11/2 sailing. Final payment made weeks ago. All info & photo uploaded. No appointment time section, so no appointment time on SeaPass. Edoc still not issued.

Yes, we are flying AirChoice from the US, but a day early, so RCI has nothing to do with getting us to the port. We are in a suite and have boarding group A--am I to assume that we show up as usual whenever we wish? Lloyd, I hope your information can end the frustration with RCI in the USA! Kirsten

That is weird that your Edocs aren't ready for printing, I was able to print mine earlier in the week :confused:

I am flying home afterwards with Choice Air.

But I don't have a Boarding group or Arrival Appointment time.

That is weird that your Edocs aren't ready for printing, I was able to print mine earlier in the week :confused:

I am flying home afterwards with Choice Air.

But I don't have a Boarding group or Arrival Appointment time.

I know Liz. I don't know what to do with it. LOL. I am going to show up at 10:30 am as usual at this point. Kirsten

Unfortunately, our experience has been that when using Choice Air for international flights (and we always fly in a day or 2 prior to departure), your e-docs may not be available until 2-3 weeks prior to departure and not at the 49th day mark when not using Choice Air.

You may want to check with C&A at 1-800-526-9723 and see if they can be forced through earlier.

Edited by cruisenfever

Unfortunately, our experience has been that when using Choice Air for international flights (and we always fly in a day or 2 prior to departure), your e-docs may not be available until 2-3 weeks prior to departure and not at the 49th day mark when not using Choice Air.

You may want to check with C&A at 1-800-526-9723 and see if they can be forced through earlier.

Thanks. I will try that. Maybe end the frustration! Kirsten