Navigator in January--too cold for the pool??

bb24

We are going to be sailing out of Galveston at the end of January. I am a bit worried that the first and last sea days will be too cold for swimming and other outdoor activities since we are sailing out of Texas and not Florida. I would love some feedback from those who have sailed out of Galveston during the winter months...how long does it take to sail into warmer weather, etc?

We are going to be sailing out of Galveston at the end of January. I am a bit worried that the first and last sea days will be too cold for swimming and other outdoor activities since we are sailing out of Texas and not Florida. I would love some feedback from those who have sailed out of Galveston during the winter months...how long does it take to sail into warmer weather, etc?

When we sailed from Galveston on Voyager in Jan 2008, it was too cool for us to use the pool on the first sea day. We did use the hot tubs though.

Even Florida can be quite cool in Jan.! The only reason for me to get in a pool is to cool off....if I'm not hot, I have no reason to get wet!

If it's sunny, you might be able to sun...but yes, the pool will probably not be on your "to do" list!

Thanks for your quick responses! Yeah, I figured as much. We sailed out of Galveston in November once and I remember it being pretty chilly then. Not too big of a deal to me, but the kids will want to swim as much as they can! Hopefully Adventure Ocean will keep them entertained when it's cold.

We sailed on navigator in jan and pool water was absolutely ice.I mean I dont know how it wasnt frozen.Even the air temp was frigid until about day three.Water in pool was never warm.No one was in the pools for most of the cruise.When we were leaving new orleans nobody was on deck,temps in the 30s with 25 mph winds.That was our experience and hopefully your is better,For this reason we dont cruise in the middle winter months anymore...Winter months sailing out of the states is a crapshoot in the south.

Edited by rtazz17