October 11 Departure & No Cabin Assignment

crusinbanjo

Hi All Mrs Banjo & I normally just book a Neptune Suite whenever we cruise on HAL. This time I booked our suite on a guarantee basis and have yet to be assigned a cabin.

Should we be concerned? Neptune suites are rather limited, so what happens if nobody cancels and there is no cabin to assign to us? I would certainly accept an upgrade to the Penthouse suite, but I'm sure that is already sold.

No need to worry. It's still pretty early. It can be assigned as late as the pier. It seems most are done around the 10 day mark. You will have a cabin. It will appear on your luggage tags about a day before it appears on the reservation side so take a look there first.

No worries, if you have a guarantee, you are assured of a Neptune Suite or better. You could find out tomorrow or on the day you actually embark the ship.

We had a guarantee early this year for a suite and heard about 2 weeks out which cabin we got. Just keep checking your documents.

Thanks all I'll keep checking and I'm not worried, just curious because the Guarantee process is new for us.

I know the chances for the PH are really small, but we did end up in the PH on the Prinsandam once when they offered us an up sell that we could not refuse. I sure would like to do that again! :D

Hi All Mrs Banjo & I normally just book a Neptune Suite whenever we cruise on HAL. This time I booked our suite on a guarantee basis and have yet to be assigned a cabin.

Should we be concerned? Neptune suites are rather limited, so what happens if nobody cancels and there is no cabin to assign to us? I would certainly accept an upgrade to the Penthouse suite, but I'm sure that is already sold.

Last Spring HAL created a "special" categories (SA & SB) for the smaller ships in the fleet. In most cases, there are only 2 SB cabins.

In my opinion, what HAL is doing is using these two SB cabins as price leaders by offering them mainly (but not always) as "guarantees". This way HAL can advertise a Neptune cabin for a lower price, but yet still charge more for most of these cabins. If you are willing to let HAL assign your cabin, you can select an SB guarantee and save several hundred dollars (or more) and very likely end up in an SA cabin.

IMO, this is a good deal for most people who want a Neptune suites on one of the smaller HAL ships, as all of them are fairly close together and again IMO, not a big difference in location (yes, I know some people REALLY like being close to the Neptune Lounge and so do I). The only negative I see is if you are assigned the one Neptune suite that is handicapped modified - but to me that is not a huge deal. Plus, it is very likely that this cabin will be booked by someone who needs it.

Thanks all I'll keep checking and I'm not worried, just curious because the Guarantee process is new for us.

I know the chances for the PH are really small, but we did end up in the PH on the Prinsandam once when they offered us an up sell that we could not refuse. I sure would like to do that again! :D

I bet that was a nice upgrade!

I read where several folks leaving at the end of September on their cruises are getting their assignments now - so yours may come up in a week or so. Best advice seems to be to go print (preview) your luggage tags, as the cabin assignment may show up there first.