Already booked through NCL but seeing a better deal through a TA

abisha

I am booked but not yet paid in full for a cruise on Getaway in May 2015. I just received an offer from a TA for same sailing, that my category is $60 less and also with a higher OBC.

Is there anything NCL would do to match it without losing the cabin? I need the accessible cabin I am booked in (they are sold out in my category).

You can try.....but if they can't match it ask your TA if they will accept a transfer of the booking. Find out if your TA reduces their OBC by the amount NCL has given you. There is a specific way to do it, and I have done it before, it is not difficult.

Hope this helps. ;)

I am booked but not yet paid in full for a cruise on Getaway in May 2015. I just received an offer from a TA for same sailing, that my category is $60 less and also with a higher OBC.

Is there anything NCL would do to match it without losing the cabin? I need the accessible cabin I am booked in (they are sold out in my category).

If your category is sold out then the TA cannot offer it for sale. You should recheck and see exactly what is being offered.

As said, you can transfer the booking to the TA.

Make sure the final price with the TA is the final/full price.

Also understand, if you need to talk to NCL after the transfer, you can not. Everything then goes through the TA.

If you have booked within last 60 days, you can still transfer your booking to the TA. NCL will not match TA prices so if you are over 60 days, you'd need to cancel your current booking and risk losing the cabin.

This. NCL no longer allows bookings to be transferred at will

If your category is sold out then the TA cannot offer it for sale. You should recheck and see exactly what is being offered.

The category isn't sold out, but I believe the accessible cabins are within that cabin category. If it wasn't an accessible cabin, then I wouldn't care about cancelling my cabin with NCL and then rebooking with the TA if it meant ending up in a different cabin.

The category isn't sold out, but I believe the accessible cabins are within that cabin category. If it wasn't an accessible cabin, then I wouldn't care about cancelling my cabin with NCL and then rebooking with the TA if it meant ending up in a different cabin.

If you are within the 60 day window and still allowed to transfer, you may not be able to get your cabin back if you cancel. There will be a period of time from you releasing the cabin and it appearing back in inventory. Anyone that see's it or an NCL agent can grab it before your TA is able to. You have to determine if the risk is worth it.

I once wanted to book a balcony cabin that seemed larger than the rest of the balcony cabins in the same category, and was told that it was a HC (accessible) cabin. I was allowed to book it if I wanted to, but I was told that if at a later time somebody needed a HC cabin we would be moved to another cabin. As I didn't want to occupy a HC without special need of accessibility I ended up not booking it, but what I am trying to say is that if you are in need of an accessible cabin then you will probably get it before somebody without any special need.

But like others have stated - if you are within the 60 days transfer window, then the entire booking including the cabin you are assigned, can be transferred to a travel agent. Be aware that in that case, all communication with NCL has to go through your TA after the transfer is done.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Here was my outcome (which turned out good)...

I was not within the 60 day window (missed it by only a few days). NCL confirmed they could not price match. In fact, the fare in category BC actually went up on NCL's end.

Since booking with TA required my losing my original cabin, I was still able to book another accessible cabin two decks up (also liked this cabin choice, so no harm done).

I cancelled my booking with NCL and deposit will be fully refunded since I am still a long ways from final payment.

So, by booking with the TA, I got:

lower fare ($60 less)

Better OBC (was $50 OBC through NCL...got $100 through TA)

Purchased the travel insurance through TA which was also on sale for $49 per person.

If I was already paid in full with NCL, I wouldn't have been able to cancel. So, it all worked out.

Here was my outcome (which turned out good)...

I was not within the 60 day window (missed it by only a few days). NCL confirmed they could not price match. In fact, the fare in category BC actually went up on NCL's end.

Since booking with TA required my losing my original cabin, I was still able to book another accessible cabin two decks up (also liked this cabin choice, so no harm done).

I cancelled my booking with NCL and deposit will be fully refunded since I am still a long ways from final payment.

So, by booking with the TA, I got:

lower fare ($60 less)

Better OBC (was $50 OBC through NCL...got $100 through TA)

Purchased the travel insurance through TA which was also on sale for $49 per person.

If I was already paid in full with NCL, I wouldn't have been able to cancel. So, it all worked out.

Thank you for the update - happy to hear that it worked out for you! :)