Dynamic Dining - what happens at breakfast?

If there's no MDR on QOTS and AOTS, where will guests eat breakfast??

Are we expected to have breakfast in one of the restaurants?? The thought of over 4000 guests trying to eat at the same time (likely on shore days I guess) fills me with dread...

I'm a newbie so apologies if this topic has already been discussed.

Are we expected to have breakfast in one of the restaurants?? The thought of over 4000 guests trying to eat at the same time (likely on shore days I guess) fills me with dread...

I believe that Adam did address this during one of his speeches.

They will open one of the DD restaurants for breakfast as well as lunch on sea days. No need to worry about 4000 people eating there as that never happens in the MDR. Most go to the WJ or other venues for breakfast. They only ever open one level of the MDR anyway.

So how's it gonna work? What happens if each family member likes different things?

I like an American style breakfast, hubby likes a continental one, and daughter likes a full English?

If I remember correctly ( not cruised since Navigator in 2001) you could get all breakfast styles in the MDR. It's unlikely one restaurant will cater for us all? Will we have to visit 3 restaurants in order for us all to eat our breakfast choice?

It doesn't make sense.. Head is hurting!

Edited by Little Fish973

So how's it gonna work? What happens if each family member likes different things?

I like an American style breakfast, hubby likes a continental one, and daughter likes a full English?

If I remember correctly ( not cruised since Navigator in 2001) you could get all breakfast styles in the MDR. It's unlikely one restaurant will cater for us all? Will we have to visit 3 restaurants in order for us all to eat our breakfast choice?

It doesn't make sense.. Head is hurting!

I highly doubt that the American Icon's breakfast menu will be reflective of the american style that is used at dinner. Since this is the only actual sit-down dining room for the majority of passengers, then I'm guessing the breakfast will be more like the breakfast that is served in the MDR on the other ships in the fleet.

I highly doubt that the American Icon's breakfast menu will be reflective of the american style that is used at dinner. Since this is the only actual sit-down dining room for the majority of passengers, then I'm guessing the breakfast will be more like the breakfast that is served in the MDR on the other ships in the fleet.

Exactly.

Yes, a little common sense even with RCCL is in order sometimes.

Can you elaborate what you mean? I haven't sailed with RCL since 2001 so unfamiliar with the restaurant.

You asked what will guests do for breakfast on Quantum and Anthem since there is no MDR. Instead of the full MDR being open for breakfast, it will only be the American Icon Grill on Qos and Aos, since they have replaced the MDR with 4 free restaurants on those ships. For dinner, each of those restaurants will have a distinct menu that goes along with the theme of the restaurant and does not change nightly, but I said that for breakfast the menu will most likely not be related to the theme in the American Icon and will probably be just like that of the existing MDR and have all different styles of dining, like you remember from when you last cruised on Royal.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Why would you think 4000 guest will try to eat at the same time? Breakfast will be the same way as it is now, many choices.

You asked what will guests do for breakfast on Quantum and Anthem since there is no MDR. Instead of the full MDR being open for breakfast, it will only be the American Icon Grill on Qos and Aos, since they have replaced the MDR with 4 free restaurants on those ships. For dinner, each of those restaurants will have a distinct menu that goes along with the theme of the restaurant and does not change nightly, but I said that for breakfast the menu will most likely not be related to the theme in the American Icon and will probably be just like that of the existing MDR and have all different styles of dining, like you remember from when you last cruised on Royal.

Thank you so much for explaining, I understand now :-)

Why would you think 4000 guest will try to eat at the same time? Breakfast will be the same way as it is now, many choices.

Wouldn't it be a possibility if guests had to disembark for shore excursions? Or am I way off the mark?

Does anyone yet know the capacity for the American icon grill on AOTS?

Wouldn't it be a possibility if guests had to disembark for shore excursions? Or am I way off the mark?

Does anyone yet know the capacity for the American icon grill on AOTS?

I think each restaurant seats about 400. I could be wrong. BUT not all guests will choose to eat at the American Icon. There is the Windjammer (buffet) and a couple other cafes throughout the ship.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Yes it's all coming back to me now.. We had breakfast most days at the Windjammer on the Navigator (and was very happy to)

I've read the information incorrectly, when I read the MDR was no longer on the quantum class, in my mind I was picturing Windjammer when in fact MDR was where we had our formal evening dinner at same time every evening.

My apologies.

Only 269 days to go!! Whoop!!! X