Tell me about the "DOD"...

MaiTaiMary

It's been a while since my last cruise. :o I keep reading about people referring to the DOD, but I forgot what exactly this is.

Is it just a regular drink that's on a special sale price for that day?

I thought I remembered some kind of souvenir glass, maybe??

What kind of drinks do they have for the DOD?

It's been a while since my last cruise. :o I keep reading about people referring to the DOD, but I forgot what exactly this is.

DoD stands for drink of the day. It will vary from day to day and will be some type of fruity drink. They come in souvenir cups which if you keep can receive the drink at a reduced cost. My profile picture is actually of a full DoD with the saying on the side "officially the best day ever".

Edited by ncovert

DoD stands for drink of the day. It will vary from day to day and will be some type of fruity drink. They come in souvenir cups which if you keep can receive the drink at a reduced cost. My profile picture is actually of a full DoD with the saying on the side "officially the best day ever".

Additionally they'll come around with "special" souvenir cups...monkey heads, blow fish..disco balls...whale tails/funnel...those can EASILY double the cost of the DoD. But, if you want one of them, or more as we have, you lay down the $$, but I'd not take any of them back for a refill!!!

i had a Pomegranate lemonade in the whale tale cup

one day was the coconut made into a monkey head (port day, missed it)

there was one served in a cored out pineapple (another port day, missed it too)

another was of a blue fish. that one was blue margarita

the first day was the regular Carnival glass.

DSCN0027.jpg.bee0d1aca86e8e51a1e87d438050fcf4.jpg

CarnivalDOD.jpg.9e6df284c05a4676d573181ceaa96de4.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg.d7b5abec61599ef58c5bec5706404d9e.jpg

Edited by KLD1019

Be sure to have a funship special on embarkation day. They stopped the souvenir glasses in the drink of the day

What is the "Fun ship special"? How is this different from the "drink of the day"?

The Fun Ship Special is the name of the drink, and the first day DOD. You can find the recipe online. I tried to make it but didn't taste the same. I think you need salt water, fun music, and knowing you about to sail for 7 days to make it truly good. :D. I do wish they still had the "best day ever" plastic drink cups.

The Fun Ship Special is the name of the drink, and the first day DOD. You can find the recipe online. I tried to make it but didn't taste the same. I think you need salt water, fun music, and knowing you about to sail for 7 days to make it truly good. :D. I do wish they still had the "best day ever" plastic drink cups.

Ahhh...drink of the day in my hand after embarkation and I know the cruise has really kicked off!

So only on the first day you get the souvenir glass with the DOD?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some ships have the plastic, hurricane style glass that says "Carnival" with the DOD on embarkation day. At least, as recently as last month. Unless they changed since then.

Edited by funinthesun1964