GTY cabin assignement

lylymoon

Good day to all :)

Will be sailing of Celebrity Summit repo cruise on April 25, 2015, (2nd cruise), 1st with Celebrity.

My question is I have booked a GTY inside cabin and have already been assigned a cabin (2028) is it possible that they could change my cabin assignment again if better inside category cabins are still available before sailing day? Or once you are assigned one they don’t change it again…

And do somebody know if those repo cruises gets sold out?

Thanks and I am very happy to have found this site

Please correct me if I am wrong but once you have been allocated a category you can request to move to another cabin within the same category. I booked a guarantee inside and received category 9 on deck 10 (silhouette). This is the highest grade of the inside cabins. I am happy with this but was told I could see what other cabins were available in the same category and move if I desired.

Please correct me if I am wrong but once you have been allocated a category you can request to move to another cabin within the same category. I booked a guarantee inside and received category 9 on deck 10 (silhouette). This is the highest grade of the inside cabins. I am happy with this but was told I could see what other cabins were available in the same category and move if I desired.

Correct

Good day to all :)

Will be sailing of Celebrity Summit repo cruise on April 25, 2015, (2nd cruise), 1st with Celebrity.

My question is I have booked a GTY inside cabin and have already been assigned a cabin (2028) is it possible that they could change my cabin assignment again if better inside category cabins are still available before sailing day? Or once you are assigned one they don’t change it again…

And do somebody know if those repo cruises gets sold out?

Thanks and I am very happy to have found this site

Hi LYLYMOON,

I see you are pretty new to Celebrity as well as Cruise Critic... So a big welcome aboard !!

As the others have said once your Guarantee has been assigned you can still usually switch for a more favorable cabin within the same category, by calling Celebrity (or getting your TA to do so if you used one)

Cabin # 2028 is an Inside Category 11 on the Summit, and quite forward on the Starboard side. It also shows a Square on the Deck Key which means it has a convertible sofa bed, and therefore can sleep 3.

Personally, On a repo-cruise where there is more open water, and therefore a chance for rough seas, I'd be following the old adage... low & middle... Where things will be the most stable (especially seeing as you don't have a Window or Balcony to worry about)

I'd be checking to see what else is still available... And perhaps making a swap if I found omething more midship (same deck, same side, just closer to the midship elevator banks... Also will be more convenient / less walking than being so far forward)

You should be sure and consult the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum as well... As it s chocked full of great info from past cruisers

NOTE - On the M-Class ships footprints are identical, so are Cabin Nos in regards to their locations... Sp Pros & Cons should be similar.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi LYLYMOON,

I see you are pretty new to Celebrity as well as Cruise Critic... So a big welcome aboard !!

As the others have said once your Guarantee has been assigned you can still usually switch for a more favorable cabin within the same category, by calling Celebrity (or getting your TA to do so if you used one)

Cabin # 2028 is an Inside Category 11 on the Summit, and quite forward on the Starboard side. It also shows a Square on the Deck Key which means it has a convertible sofa bed, and therefore can sleep 3.

Personally, On a repo-cruise where there is more open water, and therefore a chance for rough seas, I'd be following the old adage... low & middle... Where things will be the most stable (especially seeing as you don't have a Window or Balcony to worry about)

I'd be checking to see what else is still available... And perhaps making a swap if I found omething more midship (same deck, same side, just closer to the midship elevator banks... Also will be more convenient / less walking than being so far forward)

You should be sure and consult the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum as well... As it s chocked full of great info from past cruisers

NOTE - On the M-Class ships footprints are identical, so are Cabin Nos in regards to their locations... Sp Pros & Cons should be similar.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Thank you very much for the advise, will for sure look at the spreadsheet.

And will definitely call Celebrity and try to get a more middle ship cabin...didn't tought about the open water factor

Thanks again :)

I don't know if you've sailed with other cruise lines in the past, but X is not like a lot of others that upgrade and change GUAR bookings frequently. Once assigned, you are most likely going to be sailing in that cabin. So if it's location is not to your liking, it's best to do as others suggested and change to a more midship location within the same inside category.

We cruised in February on Century and booked GUAR. Within a week, we were assigned our cabin and it never changed. I think you will find most people confirming that. Happy Sailing!

I don't know if you've sailed with other cruise lines in the past, but X is not like a lot of others that upgrade and change GUAR bookings frequently. Once assigned, you are most likely going to be sailing in that cabin. So if it's location is not to your liking, it's best to do as others suggested and change to a more midship location within the same inside category.

We cruised in February on Century and booked GUAR. Within a week, we were assigned our cabin and it never changed. I think you will find most people confirming that. Happy Sailing!

As was my case on the Century too. I was hesitant when the location was below the galley and I heard negatives about cabin 4106. Turns out I loved it!!! The configuration was different from the usual as when you opened the door, the beds were to the right bathroom to the left and you stepped into the open area by the desk. Made it feel lager than that narrow hall most inside cabins have and I found the only noise was thst hum you hear with the A/C. It was one step up from lowest in the category

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

For the UK and most of Europe you can't move within the cat once assigned, that is only now available in the US/Canada (not sure about other parts of the world)

Worth asking though, might be different rules for R.O.I. :)

A little off topic but..... You are well in advance of the final payment date.

Keep an eye on the price to see if an inside cabin of a higher category goes on sale for a price lower than your guarentee as well as possibly an oceanview or higher also going on sale. You never know. This of course assumes you're in north america where you can cancel/rebook prior to final payment date without penalty.

I've sailed a guarantee category many times and it's never been changed once it has been assigned.

A little off topic but..... You are well in advance of the final payment date. Keep an eye on the price to see if an inside cabin of a higher category goes on sale for a price lower than your guarantee as well as possibly an ocean view or higher also going on sale. You never know. This of course assumes you're in north america where you can cancel/rebook prior to final payment date without penalty.

Very good point! Drops before final often happen and allow pax to score a higher grade cabin for the same price.

Thanks for the input….If I understand correctly, if the prices drop before final payments I could try to upgrade to an OV or Balcony. Will I have to cancel and rebook or I can just call Celebrity to upgrade?

What is the cheapest price I could expect for a balcony on this repo cruise?? I know it is all subject to the demand, but do Celebrity tends to lower prices before final payments dates or after?

Thanks for the input….If I understand correctly, if the prices drop before final payments I could try to upgrade to an OV or Balcony. Will I have to cancel and rebook or I can just call Celebrity to upgrade?

What is the cheapest price I could expect for a balcony on this repo cruise?? I know it is all subject to the demand, but do Celebrity tends to lower prices before final payments dates or after?

When I book a cruise, I check prices very frequently, often daily, to look for any drops. Sometimes they only last a couple of hours. In your case, if you booked directly with celebrity just call them if you'd like to upgrade. In general, the most significant price drops happen after final payment; however this has been changing lately especially on repositioning cruises. I like to follow prices on the transatlantic's just to see the patterns and most recently there has been one price drop after final payment at which point the ship seems to practically sell out. This past spring, I booked an inside guarantee and waited for a drop in the balcony prices that never came. The TAs seem to be getting ever more popular. So just keep checking and if you see something that appeals to you, grab it!

Edited by CathyCruises