Marriage Proposal, help? Suggestions?

My son is looking to propose to his girlfriend on our Family Thanksgiving week cruise on Serenade of the seas..... He would like to make this very special so I would like to see if I can get some suggestions for something romantic and fun as to how he can propose... We stop at 3 ports for the day in all three... jamaic, cozumel, and grand caymans... we really would just love alot of great ideas... They have never been on a cruise so they don't know what to expect just in general with the cruise much less a special way to propose on a cruise or at port... Thanks in advance :)

Stacey

My son is looking to propose to his girlfriend on our Family Thanksgiving week cruise on Serenade of the seas..... He would like to make this very special so I would like to see if I can get some suggestions for something romantic and fun as to how he can propose... We stop at 3 ports for the day in all three... jamaic, cozumel, and grand caymans... we really would just love alot of great ideas... They have never been on a cruise so they don't know what to expect just in general with the cruise much less a special way to propose on a cruise or at port... Thanks in advance :)

Stacey

Call RCCL and ask to speak with a Royal Romance coordinator.

They are there to make weddings, proposals and vow renewals very special events.

bosco

My Son In Law proposed to our daughter while they were on a cruise on Formal Night.

He spoke to the Head Waiter and had their waiter bring the ring to the table while dessert was being served. They put a velvet cloth on the dish with the ring box on top and a silver plate cover over the plate. At my SIL's signal the waiter uncovered her plate and my SIL was down on one knee. Their table mates were all shocked and they bought a bottle of champaign for the table to celebrate.

There was no Romance Coordinator at that time.

Good luck!

My Son In Law proposed to our daughter while they were on a cruise on Formal Night.

He spoke to the Head Waiter and had their waiter bring the ring to the table while dessert was being served. They put a velvet cloth on the dish with the ring box on top and a silver plate cover over the plate. At my SIL's signal the waiter uncovered her plate and my SIL was down on one knee. Their table mates were all shocked and they bought a bottle of champaign for the table to celebrate.

Good luck!

So cute! I am sure the staff LOVED helping with this.

A quiet spot on a beautiful beach on a sunny day ... inside a heart drawn in the sand and decorated with shells, palm leaves and flowers ... Place a flower behind her ear and tell her how beautiful she is and how lucky you are to have found someone as wonderful as her ... Bend down on one knee and produce a ring and win her over with your words. How could she say no to such a romantic proposal!? Take her to a specialty restaurant for dinner on the cruise ship that evening... Celebrate with champagne.... Ask the staff to pipe some hearts with melted chocolate on her dessert plate as an extra touch... Ask the room attendant to make two towel swans that form a heart on your bed. Book her in for a spa treatment or massage. Treat her like a princess. It's all the extra thought and details that make it special and she'll be telling her friends and family for years to come about how romantic you were! Whatever you decide to do, good luck and I hope she says yes!

We went to dinner on formal night (there were 28 of us on the cruise). Afterwards, before the show, we walked up on the upper deck of Mariner. We were leaning over the rail and looking at all the stars. It was windy so I could barely hear him (maybe take that as a tip?) And he got down on one knee. I was ecstatic and it was perfect because we had a small space to ourselves on a crowded ship. We went down to the show and the cruise director announced that we had just been engaged and had us stand up and everyone was clapping. It was cool because the rest of the trip people stopped to congratulate us, even on the beach.

My husband proposed in front of a backdrop on formal night :)

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

I think that would be neat since a photographer could capture the exact moment, but if you have a other family members, then any venue could provide that perfect Kodak moment.

There are many opportunities for a romantic proposal when cruising - either on the beach or on the ship. Whatever they decide, I am sure it will be special and unique. Be sure to give us a follow up!!

And oh, flash mobs are always fun :D

I think it depends on the girl. Does your son think she'll like being proposed to in public in the main dining room with tons of people watching or would she much rather get proposed to in private with just the two of them and the celebrate as a family. Girls do have their preferences, and your son should be able to give you a good direction on what he thinks his fiance-to-be would enjoy.

If he does decide to propose in the main dining room, see if you can sneak in a quick word to the people seated around you. That way, they can snap pictures and you and your son can enjoy the moment.

I think that would be neat since a photographer could capture the exact moment, but if you have a other family members, then any venue could provide that perfect Kodak moment.

There are many opportunities for a romantic proposal when cruising - either on the beach or on the ship. Whatever they decide, I am sure it will be special and unique. Be sure to give us a follow up!!

And oh, flash mobs are always fun :D

Flash mob!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Like another posted said above, it depends on the girl. If she is shy, she may not want to be the center of attention in the MDR. Myself, I've proposed both in a highly public setting and a private one(don't ask lol), and much prefer the private setting.

In this case, I might consider at sunset on a sea day on one of the upper decks. Nothing like watching the sun set over the ocean for romance.

Depends how creative he wants to get

The line has a royal proposal package available to do on ship

Plus the ports could do at restaurant or idilic cove with it written in sand or on a banner or other sign

Skies the lit but a lot cost

I'm doing this in November with a flash mob proposal on quantum

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think on Serenade you can go to the Helipad. I would propose by ourselves right on the bow of the ship. Probably at sunset or after a formal dinner.

When I proposed to my wife, I thought about going all out. I did a lot of hot air balloon back then, and thought about putting a banner on the balloon so when it stood up she'd see it. But then I decided showmanship wasn't really our thing, so we had a casual dinner, walked around our college campus and I proposed to her in front of the library at night (and it was freezing - by Oklahoma standards) nobody we knew around. For us it was way more special that way.

FYI: The jeweler I got my ring from gave be a self lighting box for the ring, so when you opened it a little light came on and made the diamond sparkle like crazy, great for proposing outdoors at night. I am sure they can be found on amazon. Something like this

Edited by OSUZorba

I think on Serenade you can go to the Helipad. I would propose by ourselves right on the bow of the ship. Probably at sunset or after a formal dinner.

When I proposed to my wife, I thought about going all out. I did a lot of hot air balloon back then, and thought about putting a banner on the balloon so when it stood up she'd see it. But then I decided showmanship wasn't really our thing, so we had a casual dinner, walked around our college campus and I proposed to her in front of the library at night (and it was freezing - by Oklahoma standards) nobody we knew around. For us it was way more special that way.

FYI: The jeweler I got my ring from gave be a self lighting box for the ring, so when you opened it a little light came on and made the diamond sparkle like crazy, great for proposing outdoors at night. I am sure they can be found on amazon. Something like this

I'm using a ring box that looks like a rose

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My best friend's husband also proposed to her on formal night while getting a picture taken on the promenade. Right when the photographer was ready to shoot, he pulled out the ring and dropped to one knee. Of course, the photographer kept snapping away, and they have wonderful pictures of that moment! I would highly recommend this idea, if they are into surprises. :)

Good luck!

This is so sweet. It made me tear up.