Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

There will be Havana Cabanas which will connect to a private pool and have patios with deck furniture and yes..............hammocks.

In the evening the Havana pool area will be open to all guests:D

This is really the feature that really bugs me about this ship-- the restricted deck 5 aft pool. A pool and two hot tubs are a huge space of the ship to be restricted to ~100 guests during most of the day. When I first saw the renderings this morning, I was really pumped by this feature, but now it's a big letdown.

This is really the feature that really bugs me about this ship-- the restricted deck 5 aft pool. A pool and two hot tubs are a huge space of the ship to be restricted to ~100 guests during most of the day. When I first saw the renderings this morning, I was really pumped by this feature, but now it's a big letdown.

Separation of the classes has begun.

Thank you

Edited by karmgonnagetcha

I feel the same about the Havana Pool....my above post was before I found out.

Although I suppose theres always the option to make it public and sell the Havanas as general cabana cabins which is still a selling point.

Also, the cabins are not in the most peaceful place:

By a walkway

Above the noisy places on deck 4

Next to a bar that parties all night

Hmmmm...not sure if thats worth it so I will just make friends with Havana peoples :D.

Edited by Velvetwater

Separation of the classes has begun.

Thank you

That's exactly right. This is the first example of taking something that is otherwise included (pool and hot tubs) and making it private for a certain group of people. This is very different from the spa cabins where it takes something that is not included and includes it.

Creating an upper class is a first from Carnival.

Edited by Branman

That's exactly right. This is the first example of taking something that is otherwise included (pool and hot tubs) and making it private for a certain group of people. This is very different from the spa cabins where it takes something that is not included and includes it.

Creating an upper class is a first from Carnival.

I have a 14 day booked in 2016 and was thinking about changing it to the Vista since it was rumored to be going to Europe.

This whole class-creation thing has actually turned me away from it, and I don't even really use the pools.

You know, I bet they are limited access to that pool so that they can then sell access as a perk, similar to the FTTF.

Carnival CEO 1: We've got to increase revenues somehow!

Carnival CEO 2: We charge for everything we can right now!

Carnival CEO 3: Well why give them the pools for free? Sure, we cannot charge for all the pools because we say that's included in their fare. But what if we limit access to one of the pools, give special access to the pool to a few cabins and charge them more for it. But let's make sure it's a reeeeeeally big pool. A few cabins don't need a super large pool and two hot tubs. But with all that extra space, we can then charge an entrance/usage fee to the rest of the ship! Boom! Extra revenues! We've got them paying extra for something we've told them is included!

Yeah, that is a bummer. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had kept the 4 hot tubs on the side of the promenade, Like they have on the three ships in Dream class.

It's simply a way for them to compete with NCL's "The Haven," which offers a private pool to suite guests.

The whole point is that this goes against what Carnival has been traditionally all about. I thought the point was that once you're on the ship, Carnival treats pretty much everyone exactly the same: the same amenities are included in a 1-A cabin that are included in a suite.

The whole point is that this goes against what Carnival has been traditionally all about. I thought the point was that once you're on the ship, Carnival treats pretty much everyone exactly the same: the same amenities are included in a 1-A cabin that are included in a suite.

Even priority boarding for kettles?

Even priority boarding for kettles?

That's before you get on board. The only priority amenity that exists on the ship is the guest services line, and that would only be a class-upgrade for FTTF guests. I guess you could count the gold, plat, and diamond party and the diamond-only event, but that's stretching it since that has nothing to do with the purchased fare.

Either way, it's still a big stretch to compare loyalty program rewards with a separate area of the ship with its own private amenities.

It's simply a way for them to compete with NCL's "The Haven," which offers a private pool to suite guests.

The two are completely different. The Haven is an entire area dedicated for certain passengers 24/7. While the Vista's is only during the day, mind you other passengers will still be in the vicinity at the Havana bar and on the promenade. In other words the haven is an immersive experience while this is for convenience during the day.

The two are completely different. The Haven is an entire area dedicated for certain passengers 24/7. While the Vista's is only during the day, mind you other passengers will still be in the vicinity at the Havana bar and on the promenade. In other words the haven is an immersive experience while this is for convenience during the day.

How are they completely different, Cameron? They both provide an opportunity to have private access to a pool when staying in a specific stateroom type at a higher cost. Even with limited hours and the Havana Bar, it is still a private pool.

Edited by Pixelate

How are they completely different, Cameron? They both provide an opportunity to have private access to a pool when staying in a specific stateroom type at a higher cost. Even with limited hours and the Havana Bar, it is still a private pool.

I have to say, they might be the best rooms on the ship.